• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwoodruff
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2009

C-bus Energy Metering Devices

Hi all

I am looking for suitable C-bus Energy Metering devices for home and building automation projects, mainly for new appartment blocks.

I have seen on the internet a new Energy Metering Device from Australa (www.synctek.com.au) called a Em20 Energy Meter that connects directly to the C-Bus Network and measures 3 phase electrical energy as well as gas and water consumption, it looks quite good and has pc software drivers.

Has anyone had any feedback about this C-Bus energy meter and whether it is available for purchase in the UK or if there is a distributor. The local C-bus reps don't have any information at the moment, maybe some user's who have imported and used this energy meter could share some feedback about the product?

I have people wanting me to supply quality energy metering and graphs on their touch screens and this Em20 energy meter is the only one I have seen on the internet that is suitable for C-bus?
  • CBus UK
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2009

I am the UK C-Bus product manager.

My colleagues in Australia are fully aware of this meter, please note this meter has not been developed by ourselves but a 3rd party. Any purchase would need to be through them though I'm not sure if they have a distributor in the UK.

Please note that Clipsal/Schneider Electric can not endorse the use of this product with C-Bus has it hasn't gone through the C-Bus enabled program.

There is a chain of posts on the C-Bus forum, link below which might give you some more guidance.

Comment

• gwoodruff
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2009

Thanks for the feedback

I have been in contact with the manufacturer (synctek) of this energy meter and it is a third party device and is not made by clipsal themselves. They have advised that their C-Bus interface is fully compatiable with C-Bus networks and the C-Bus interface itself uses a Clipsal manufactured module that was publicly released for third party devices by clipsal.

The meter is due to be released in Jan 2010 and they advised that the meter will be available for sale in the UK by distributors, hopefully by 1st quarter 2010 but can also be ordered directly from their website after February.(they didn't say who was to be the distributor). Their website has now been updated with futher information and how it works on C-bus networks and from what I can see this looks fairly easy to setup and looks to be a great product!

greg

Comment

• MichaelD
        Automated Home Guru
        • Mar 2006

In case anyone was struggling with the link to the forum discussing this, its at:

There's a pretty good discussion of the product's level of maturity

Comment

• Kevin
          • Jan 2004

Just worth reporting that the latest version 4.8 of PICED now supports the connection of standard pulse output KWHr meters directly via C-Bus using bus couplers or Aux input units. The data can then be displayed on output devices that PICED supports and using Wiser you can even display realtime Flash based graphs and dial indicators.

K

Comment

Working...
          X