• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdavenport
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by toscal View Post
    Answer to:
    Q1 yes thats the telephone line. you can choose whether the system employs cellular or PSTN communication.
    To program a Vocal Message account’s communication interface:
    1. From the Programming menu, select Communications, Accounts [951].
    2. Select a VM account (4-6).
    3. From the account’s sub-menu, select Interface [#2].
    4. Select either GSM or PSTN.
    Oh and then there is the line monitor
    To program the Line Monitor setting:
    1. From the Programming menu, select Communications, Comm. Options, Line
    Monitor [95401].
    2. Select Enabled or Disabled.

Q2 This may be a height issue, and where abouts on the table where the sensors, if they are not on the edge of the table you might not get much in the way of detection. If the table is very shiny then you may get reflections which will confuse the sensors. IF you are walking straight towards them then this tends not to trigger them very effectively. The best method to test them on the bench is to cover them with the box they came in then when ready to test lift the box and wave your hand about 30cm in front of them.

Q3 You need to set a pin code for your sim, its set to 0000. I wouldn't choose 0000 but something else.

The prime has one of the few GSM modules that actually requires a pin code.
    Thanks for the reply.

Ref Q1, do I have to do these settings in order to get the GSM signal test working? Also will this supress the PSTN error going forward?

You mention select a VM Account. What is this?
    Also you talk about Line Monitor. What does this do? Does this allow me to dial into the house to listen?

With regards to Q3, I have since set a PIN code on the Alarm and set the same code on the SIM (by putting it in a mobile phone and setting it the same as the alarm). But still when I do the GSM Signal test its just takes me back to the GSM signal test menu and never shows me the signal. It also does 4 very fast beeps. I have had the cover of the alarm and when putting in the SIM card an orange light does light up on the GSM card and then after about 30 secs to 1 mins it starts to flash every 1-2 seconds.

Could this GSM module have a fault? It looks like it isn't installed as GSM signal test doesn't do anything...

Thanks

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

you have to specify a phone number for each VM account( vocal message account).
      To edit a Vocal Message account’s telephone number:
      2. Select a VM account (4-6).
      3. From the account’s sub-menu, select Phone Number [#1].
      4. Enter up to 16 digits. Use the (looks like a bulb) key to enter “*”, “#”, “,” (pause), “T” (switch to DTMF tone dialing), “P” (switch to pulse dialing) or “+” (international code). and use the bulb with a cross on it to delete if youmake a mistake. Make sure you are on DTMF for the GSM.
      5. Press (the tick) when you have finished editing.

Line monitor monitors the phone line to check that its still connected.
      What you are talking about is 2 way audio.
      To program the Two-Way Audio option for a VM account:
      2. Select a CS account (4-6).
      3. From the account’s sub-menu, select Two-Way Audio [#3].
      5. Select Enabled or Disabled.

Have you tried putting the cover back on after inserting the sim card. (I think the flashing is to say its ok.) And trying the gsm signal test.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• zion2
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2010

Hi,

There is another option. You could go for a Visonic Wireless Alarm system, they are really quite good and they have built in X10 control. So when the alarm goes off it can send X10 commands. You can kit out a 4 bed house for about £500 including the X10 interface. Best of all, if you then buy something like an RFXCOM receiver, you can sniff the RF packets and get them into any application you like.

What do you want to be able to do with the X10 aspect of the alarm?

I use a Visonic system and its fantastic. I've not once had a false alarm in over a year.

Zion.

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by zion2 View Post
          Hi,

There is another option. You could go for a Visonic Wireless Alarm system, they are really quite good and they have built in X10 control. So when the alarm goes off it can send X10 commands. You can kit out a 4 bed house for about £500 including the X10 interface. Best of all, if you then buy something like an RFXCOM receiver, you can sniff the RF packets and get them into any application you like.

What do you want to be able to do with the X10 aspect of the alarm?

I use a Visonic system and its fantastic. I've not once had a false alarm in over a year.

Zion.
          Hmm he has already bought the Infinite prime hence the last couple of questions. Anyway thanks for your input, the RFXCOM is certainly an excellent piece of kit.
          IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
          X