Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: CM15Pro Timer problem with USB connected

  1. #1
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woking, UK
    Posts
    6

    Default CM15Pro Timer problem with USB connected

    I decided to upgrade from CM11 + TM13 to CM15Pro and was delighted how easy it was to import the CM11 settings, macros and timers into the CM15.....but I now discover that while the CM15 is connected by USB to my PC the timers don't work. However, if I switch any of the modules or run macros from the Active Home Professional software window, or use an RF controller to signal the CM15Pro, the commands execute just fine. If I disconnect the USB cable, the timers seem to work (although this evening a couple of dusk related timers 'missed') and the RF commands continue to work. Any thoughts what might be causing this?

    Update: it just missed another timer while unconnected by USB, this time to switch off lights at midnight (ie unconnected with dawn / dusk). So maybe it's a more general problem with timers.
    Last edited by WokingWounded; 19th December 2009 at 01:06 AM.

  2. #2
    Automated Home Sr Member jaffab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    94

    Default

    What software are you using? When I was looking at swapping my CM11 to a CM15, I did a lot of (web) reading and found that with some products, becuase the interface to the CM15 is different from the CM11, some of the developers could only do the minimum and things like timings and macros being downloaded to the CM15 wasnt possible (or at least, they had not yet found an easy way to do the conversion).

    From memory, one of these products was the HomeSeer - cant remember what the other ones were. It may be worth googling your product name together with the "CM15" - and see if you come across these postings.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com

  3. #3
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woking, UK
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I'm using the ActiveHome Professional software v3.226 that was supplied with the CM15 so it ought to be OK!

    Update: Last night I had the CM15 unplugged from the PC. The timer to switch off outside lights at midnight failed but the one at 00.45 worked fine. The timer to switch off a night light at dawn failed........
    Last edited by WokingWounded; 19th December 2009 at 12:35 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator toscal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Near Alicante Spain
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Have a good look at your timer settings, any chance of attaching the saved file from active home pro here and maybe we can have a look at it.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

  5. #5
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woking, UK
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Happy to but when I try to upload the .ahx file I get an "invalid file" message. What's the trick?!

    Ah, I zipped the .ahx file and I think I've uploaded the .zip file. Is that OK? Seems strange that in an x-10 forum the site doesn't accept .ahx file uploads!

    Update: I found that two of the timers had their end date garbled when porting from the CM11 and that was the reason they weren't working. The third timer's end date was OK but it only worked with the CM15 disconnected from the PC. But here's the thing: I fixed the two garbled end dates and these timers worked OK (with the PC disconnected) last night. Today, just messing around, I set up a new test timer and with the PC connected .....it worked! I am now waiting for dusk today to see if the rogue end dates on only some timers caused the aberrant behaviour on all the timers when connected to the PC.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WokingWounded; 21st December 2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Adding a file

  6. #6
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woking, UK
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Later. Aaaaagh! They all worked fine with the USB connected. There definitely was a problem...I'm not a complete idiot....just feel like one. Let's just hope it remains stable. Hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

  7. #7
    Moderator toscal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Near Alicante Spain
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    I was going to suggest you make sure they are downloaded to the unit and try again.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

  8. #8
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woking, UK
    Posts
    6

    Default

    tocal, thanks for your interest. The timers are now all working fine. I now have to move onto a rogue TWM4 which seems to signal channels 3 and 4 OK but not 1 and 2 - once again, the receiving units work fine when signalled from the desktop or via RF.......there's always something!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •