• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Happy Harry
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2009

Potterton Kingfisher 11 RS80

Hi All

Looking for some assistance with the above boiler please. The boiler will ony run for short periods of time even though the room stat is not reaching twmperature. Any advise or ideas as to what the problem could be will be greatly received.

Thank you Happy Harry
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Does the boiler also provide hot water as well. If it does then it could be the three way valve that has got stuck. Many types of these valves can be controlled manually. See if you have the type that can be controlled manually and try turning it, there should be some sort of indicator on the valve to tell you what position it is in. Some have a small lever others require a screw driver.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Happy Harry
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by toscal View Post
      Does the boiler also provide hot water as well. If it does then it could be the three way valve that has got stuck. Many types of these valves can be controlled manually. See if you have the type that can be controlled manually and try turning it, there should be some sort of indicator on the valve to tell you what position it is in. Some have a small lever others require a screw driver.
      thanks for your advice have checked valve which is quite free,but on raising the stat temp on water tank,the boiler clicked on.on turning tank stat down a great deal of electrical clicking etc took place but the valve did not move,and on playing with room stat no movement but electrical activity again.i replaced this unit about 12 years and think this must be the problem.once again thanks for the advice.P S i also tried the big hammer and that didn't work either

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

If the hammer didn't work then I guess its an electrical problem.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X