Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heating Using Idratek

Automated Home Jr Member

To keep costs down i have just used a standard 24V PSU from CPC I have mounted the QRI in a 5Din Box and Put the PSU on the wall next to it

Simon

Do you have a picture Simon?

Automated Home Jr Member

Excuse the slight untidyness its still work in progress.

I have also connected spare PIRs to the inputs and the bottom wire is going to my gas meter which i found had a pulse output so i can now see how much gas were using. I stuck the PSU on with No Nails

Simon

Automated Home Jr Member

From the photo it looks as though you cut off the adapter end and daisy chained the -ve to each relay and the +ve to each actuator.
    Is this the case?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by lats View Post
    From the photo it looks as though you cut off the adapter end and daisy chained the -ve to each relay and the +ve to each actuator.
    Is this the case?
    Yes thats exactly what i did!

Automated Home Jr Member

great. Thanks for the photos BTW. I will probably do the same thing to cut down costs.

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Updated AXT-111 (RVA-001) spec sheet

Quote Originally Posted by chadjo View Post
    however I have not been able to access the original spec sheet on their website.
    After a bit of searching I have now found it - just in case anyone wants the link to the AXT-111 (RVA-001) product details on the Sauter website... The spec sheet is longer than the one published on the Idratek website and I would presume, more recent.

Sauter AXT-111

Chad

Automated Home Sr Member ludditeal's Avatar

Out of interest how did you find out your Gas Meter had a pulse output? A particular model? Ours was only changed a couple of years ago but can't see anything. I can see that the number 6 has a mirror in the centre which I think would be used for an optical pick up.

Cheers
    Allan

Automated Home Jr Member

I have a schlumberger r5. I noticed we had a British Gas external monitor attached to the side which ran a lead to under the dials and plugged in to a rj11 port. Having searched the net i found this http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1219.0 . Which said thet it has a readswitch built in so i have attached this to an input on my QRI and now it counts how much gas i'm using

Simon

PS we have have never used british gas (previous owner) so that's why i knew i could disconnect it.