• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonbrett
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2010

Programming a X10 Wall Switch

I have a 2nd generation Single button Lamp Wall Switch (2 Wire , No neutral connection) [X10-2222] bought from http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...products_id=68.

I follow the programming instructions - press top button to turn lamp on, then press bottom button three times (turns lamp off) and by holding for 5 seconds on the third press the switch enters programming mode and my lamp comes on again as expected. But when I press A3 OFF on my controller, the wall switch doesn't learn this code. The wall switch doesn't respond to A3 ON or OFF. It even ignores ALL UNITS OFF.

What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated. Jon
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have you tried another code to see if that works? What controller do you have.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• jonbrett
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2010

I have been using the "Sundowner" box. I have an appliance module set to the A3 address I've been trying and that is responding but the wall switch is not.

Yes, I've tried A2 Off and A16 Off too...
      Last edited by jonbrett; 14 January 2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

The only things I can think of is to try sending the command 3 times. And you need to make sure that the unit has returned to normal mode, before trying any commands. The only other option is to contact Kevin at the place you bought the unit.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• jonbrett
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jan 2010

OK, I've got it working. Don't know how. Now the only problem I have is the Sundowner box (4 switch thing) and my Marmitek Remote via a Tranceiver will operate the wall switch and my Plugin Modeules, but my CM15 Pro doesn't.

I'm assuming that the CM15 Pro has a weaker signal?

Comment

Working...
          X