• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nunners
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2004

Infrared & Audio over Cat5

I've been working on moving and tidying up our setup, and indeed have created quite a neat Node0, photos of which I will post of the relevant section eventually!

However, I'm not looking at working how to carry the audio from our TV to the AMP in the node0 (about 4/5 metres away) preferably (cos it's already laid) over Cat5. I've seen a MuxLab stereo Balun, which lookds pretty good an economic. I also want to extend the IR controls into Node0 as well (for AMP controller and Media Centre Keyboard and remote).... can anyone recommend an economic and reliable device, again preferably over cat5 (i.ve got three spare cables between the TV & Node0, knowing I'd have to do something like this eventually!

Cheers
    Nunners
  • TimH
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2004

KAT5 units would be one obvious choice, and there's a forum here on Automated Home

The KAT5 website is www.kat5.tv and you can buy from www.laser.com.

Basic info & features desciption is here: http://www.kat5.tv/modules.html

HTH,

Tim.
    (p.s. I've no connection with them, but they've had lots of good feedback on the UKHA mailing list )
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

• Otto-Mate
      Founder
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nunners View Post
      I've been working on moving and tidying up our setup, and indeed have created quite a neat Node0, photos of which I will post of the relevant section eventually!

M.
      Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
      www.twitter.com/ottomate
      www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• KW1816
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2004

Got a new CPC flyer this morning which looks like it has what you need for about £35 a pair.

No idea how good they are but might be worth a try for that price.

Cheers
        Kevin W

Comment

Working...
        X