• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • col
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2009

Digimax 210 Wireless Room Thermostat

Hi, I would like to control my central heating via x10, would I just need to replace my original 7 day central heating programmer with a Wired Appliance module AM12, with Indigo 4 to take care of the timer part and an X10 Digimax 210 Wireless Room Thermostat to take care of the temp? all my rads have thermostats fitted.

Thanks for any help
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

You will need either the rfxcom receiver www.rfxcom.com and then get the information into Indigo,there is support for Indigo. The other way would be to use the RF reciever module designed for the digimax, this would turn it into a normal wireless thermostat. But then you could then via a X10 SM10 Universal Sender Module module control the heating.When the RF receiver relay closes it will cause the SM10 to send out an X10 ON signal. And likewise when the relay is off an X10 off command is switched off.
    Last edited by toscal; 9 February 2010, 08:13 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• col
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2009

Thanks for your help, what is the RF reciever module you mention?

Comment

• mr_a_daily
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by toscal View Post
        You will need either the rfxcom receiver www.rfxcom.com and then get the information into Indigo,there is support for Indigo. The other way would be to use the RF reciever module designed for the digimax, this would turn it into a normal wireless thermostat. But then you could then via a X10 SM10 Universal Sender Module module control the heating.When the RF receiver relay closes it will cause the SM10 to send out an X10 ON signal. And likewise when the relay is off an X10 off command is switched off.
        if its just a rf signal will the cm15a not work? should be the same frequency? if plugged into a pc running AHP?

cheers dylan

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

Have a look here for the RF receiver module http://www.x10europe.com/pdf/Digimax210RX.pdf
          And this may be of interest to you as well.

At the moment it isn't possible for the Digimax to work in conjunction with the CM15 Pro and Activehome Pro software unless you have the security console. exactly how this set up will work I have no idea at the moment.
          I think the RFXCOM route will give you more control.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• col
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2009

Is it not possible to have my boiler plugged into a basic x10 appliance module that indigo turns on and off at my set times and the radiator thermostats take care of the temperature?

Sorry if this sounds dumb!

Comment

• toscal
              • Oct 2005

yes but what happens if the room gets too hot. You have no way of controlling room temp
              Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• col
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by toscal View Post
                yes but what happens if the room gets too hot. You have no way of controlling room temp
                Don't the radiator thermostats take care of that?

Comment

• toscal
                  • Oct 2005

No.
                  Because all you are controlling is the radiator temperature not the room temp.
                  And if the outside temp drops you may find that you need the heating on longer before the room gets to temp or that the rads need to be hotter. Radiator temperature needs to be a function of room temp.
                  Best way to explain this is to turn your main thermostat up to maximum and now try and control your room/house temp via the thermostatic valves on the radiators and see if you can get it to the desired temp.
                  Another thing is what happens when all rads are at temp and therefore are now switched off, but the boiler is still on, does your heating system have a bypass or will you leave at least one rad on full, which means one very hot room.
                  Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• col
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Dec 2009

Thanks, I think i may have to get someone in for this, the only thermostats we have are on the rads, there is no main thermostat!.

the central heating system we have is pretty useless.

Comment

• jaffab
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Dec 2008

Keep us posted on this. The heating is the one big part of my home automation project I have yet to start so interested in seeing what others do and the options. I have a whole house termomiter and rad ones as well, but still want to do automated c/heating control - just a little scared to screw the whole system up.

I have a sc9000 unit, and this has heating control. The limitation is that only the sc9000 can control the heating - I want to be able to control it all (timing and temp) through X10 controls, driven through a web interface
                      __________________________________________________ _______________________
                      My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com

Comment

Working...
                      X