• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newcs
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2010

marathon boiler

hi can any one help my pilot light gos out now and again and its a mare to relight it seems to blow it self out any idears ?????? thanks newcs
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Where is your boiler located. Mine is located in an outside brick built cupboard and sometimes if the wind is quite strong it will blow the pilot light out.
    If its inside and you can exclude possible draughts then it could be a dodgy gas flow sensor, I think they are called. This is the one that stops the gas flowing if the pilot light goes out. It is possible to bypass, for testing, but it is not something I would recommend as it could be dangerous.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• TimH
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2004

Is this a new problem or have you had it for a while?
      If recent you might need a new thermocouple. Try this thread (http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ead.php?t=2705) for a couple of links to Myson parts suppliers.

If existing you might want to talk to a fitter about a cowling to stop the wind blowing it out as toscal suggests.

A new boiler would always sort it out - my new one doesn't have a pilot at all and just lights the main burners when there is a call for heat / hot water

HTH,

Tim.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
      X