• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayjay
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2010

lm12w

hi,

i have spent the last 6 hrs of my life trying to wire these into my living room lights

it just doesnt work

i ordered 10 of them from letsautomate.com

and have tried 4 of them so far it just doest work

i tried the diagram on the site which is weird .. it use sthe nuetral as a switch

i even trie dthe proper way it should be switched which is using the phase as a switch

it just wont work i tried to set different house codes even though my 2 other plug in units work lm12u with my house code of E

i thought maybe its on a different set of wiring as my fuse box seprates lights from sockets

so i wired it in directly to the fusebox at the light DIN and it still controls the socket switches..

its driving me nuts

its either all the units are faulty or im nuts

i even called a electrician to come round.. and guess what he was as stupidified as i was.. he was here for 2 hrs .. and still the same

has anyone had as much grief as i have had ...

can anyone shed some light on this ??

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

regards

jayjay
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

while we've not used X10, we did look into it as a possible option, and made a note of this, in case of need :

also noticed this :

HTH

Chris
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 27 February 2010, 12:31 AM.
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

The wiring diagram on the letsautomate page is correct. Though it could be made a little clearer. Where do you get the "it uses the neutral as a switch" from.
      These modules require a live (brown wire) and neutral (blue wire) connection and the black wire is the switched live. I've wired up loads of these and never had a problem. I wouldn't use them if you want to use them with a switch to get local control though,not very good for that. The switch has to be connected to the live, and you then have to switch off then back on again very quickly if you still want to have x10 control of the module as well.

I have attached a wiring diagram that maybe easy for you to read.
      Attached Files
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
      X