X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simcom
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2009

I needed to do this with my alarm PIRs. In the end i used 4 of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Relay-PCB-Kit-...item3a55c0e769 The relay is activated by the PIR then as its a Double Pole Double throw the alarm panel and idratek can be wired seperately.

Simon

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

This would be OK for 4 wire alam sensor wiring where the tamper wires have their own separate pair. But if your alarm system uses two wire with a series / end resistor then it would not tamper protect the sensor.

K

Comment

• djgrah
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2010

First off, thanks for the discussion around this topic, it has been very useful.
        Secondly I have found a PIR by Bosch in the Blueline range that is pet friendly and appears to have an additional digital output:

Outputs
        Digital Alarm: 5 V normally, ground for 4 sec during alarm.
        Relay: Solid state, supervised Form A normally-closed (NC) contacts
        rated for 125 mA, 28 VDC, 3 W.
        Tamper: Normally-closed (NC) contacts (with cover on) rated at
        28 VDC, 125 mA maximum.
        Connect tamper circuit to 24-hour protection circuit.

I guess the digital output could be connected to a QAI and the drop off in voltage monitored by Cortex and an alarm condition generated accordingly.
        The detectors can be picked up for around £7 (ISM‑BLP1‑P Blue Line Pet‑Friendly PIR) or £23 for the "Tritech" version.

Anybody have any experience of these, I would love to know!
        Doug

Comment

• djgrah
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2010

D'oh, thinking about it I have seen numerous PIR units with an external LED feature, allowing you to turn off the interal LED indication and mount an LED somewhere else. Assuming you can stop your PIR flashing it's LED to siginify normal "I have power and work" mode you could use this signal with a QAI to indicate an alarm condition. Just need enough QAI to suit, or am I missing something simple?
          Doug

Comment

• Karam
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2005

Rather than using a QAI you should still use digital inputs since it is only digital inputs which can be connected to a Motion detector object - In Cortex various pre-defined objects have special significance in order to make the integration aspect automatic.

To avoid risk of overvoltage and to avoid sharing the alarm 0V you should use an optoisolator between the PIR output signal and the digital input.

Comment

• RichardC
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by djgrah View Post
              The detectors can be picked up for around £7 (ISM‑BLP1‑P Blue Line Pet‑Friendly PIR) or £23 for the "Tritech" version.

Anybody have any experience of these, I would love to know!
              Doug
              I have the Tritech version on trial in one room at the moment, I am not getting any luck with the solid state relay for signalling - I haven't spent much time on this to problem solve it yet, but the detector microwave is VERY sensitive and extends out of the room. I am hopeful to get into fault finding this asap this week as I have a week off work to get on with the house renovation.

Cheers Rich

Comment

Working...
              X