• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davey
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2010

Worcester 24CDi losing pressure quickly

Hi i have a Worcester 24CDi it is about 6 or 7 years old now and has been nothing but hassle since it was fitted and it has now started to lose pressure quite quickly. If the heating is set to constant then no pressure is lost it seems to hold it's pressure the heating and the hot water work fine. But if you turn the heating off with in about 30 mins the pressure gauge on the boiler reads 0, I have tried operating the pressure release valve a few times to see if that needed re seating but no joy (unless it is knackered) water does seem to be bypassing and dripping out the over flow though??

Anyone have any ideas what i could try next before i call in a plumber.

Many thanks Dave
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I take it that the pressure drops when the the boiler is no longer supplying heating.
    Have you bled the rads.
    When the heating is on what is the pressure reading.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• davey
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2010

Yeah if it not supplying heating then the pressure drops off quite quickly, as in the heating is totally off, i left it off last night and there is a little puddle ( not much less than an egg cup full) under the boiler to.

If i charge the boiler back up to about 1 then put the heating on it goes up to about 2 and then varies between 1.5 and 2 depending.Some times it will go up to nearly 3 then drop back off to 2.

Had another quick look in there this morning and the expansion vessel where it joins in the middle it is leaking from there ?

No i have not tried to bleed the radiators i wouldn't know how too

Thanks for the reply.
      Last edited by davey; 25 March 2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• davey
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Mar 2010

Well little did i know my mrs had signed up to a maintenance contract so phoned up worcester bosch they came out didn't really know what the problem was, so gave the boiler a service re charged the expansion vessel, fitted a new diverter valve, a new pressure release vale and a new pressure gauge sensor bit ( as it was leaking a little) and all is fine and working as it should cost me nothing well just the 12 quid a month but i can live with that.

Comment

Working...
        X