• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hilljd00
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jul 2008

Voice automation - lights, heating, home cinema, door entry etc

Hey,

I haven't been on here for a while due to college, moving into my flat, Christmas etc etc.

I am all settled in my flat now so I thought I would get back to the automation I would like in my flat. I would prefer not to do any extra wiring but it can be done if it is essential.

The automation will be run off my windows 7 media center.

I am after

Lighting control (My flat is all spotlights) - Which I want to replace with LED's

Heating control - All under floor except a heated towel rail in the bathroom

Home Cinema - Projector turns on and the screen lowers

Door entry - So when someone does the doorbell the image from the camera appears on the computer and I say a command to let them in or not.

I want a lot of my flat to be voice controlled to help with my day to day living (wheelchair user). Watching Iron Man and "Jarvis" got me thinking how much easier day to day living could be and the more independent I would become.

My dad drives a BMW 5 Series which has a interface called iDrive. It responds to virtually any pre defined voice command.
    Is there something like this available for the home? Prime it by saying a name or pressing a button then giving a voice command?

Their is more but I've lost my train of thought! So it'll have to wait till I remember.

Regards,
    Jon
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Try Homeseer. This can control a variety of Home automation systems.
    HomeSeer Systems Are Faster & More Reliable! Our Smart Home Systems Are Locally Managed So They Work Even When the Internet Goes Down!
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X