• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beev
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2010

Programming lamp module

Hi all,

I'm new to using X10 and I thought I'd get myself a couple of basic bits to begin with. I bought a 2026UK dimming lamp module and a remote control (KR22). I was about to buy a 4022UK IR receiver and see if I could get these three working together as a start.

However, looking at the instructions for the 2026UK, I see that an X10 controller is needed to program the code. I had assumed I would be able to do the programming using the remote control via the receiver, but now I'm thinking I'm going to need a plug-in controller (or mini-controller) to do the programming. Is this right? Or is there a way I can get it programmed without buying a plug-in controller?

Thanks very much in advance for any help that can be offered!
  • franktate
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Feb 2007

Although the instruction may say you need a plug-in controller it has been my experience that these are not required. I use the remote control when re-programming a module.
    If you have a noisy house however then a plug-in module would be adviseable. I bought on for the same reason you stated, when I did my original research. I now use it as a bed-side controller.
    If you are going to buy one make sure you get a bed-side one, that way at least it will be usefull.

frank

Comment

• beev
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2010

Thanks very much for the reply. That's extremely helpful.

I've ordered a 4022UK and am looking forward to playing around with this stuff!

Comment

• beev
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2010

Very nice! I got the transceiver and the lamp module working nicely together, both remotely programmed using the KR22. I really did not think this would work and was amazed when it all came together exactly as I'd planned.

Comment

• franktate
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Feb 2007

Glad everything is working OK. Don't forget to come and ask the questions when things go wrong. lol

frank

Comment

Working...
          X