Thread: Programming lamp module

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Programming lamp module

Hi all,

I'm new to using X10 and I thought I'd get myself a couple of basic bits to begin with. I bought a 2026UK dimming lamp module and a remote control (KR22). I was about to buy a 4022UK IR receiver and see if I could get these three working together as a start.

However, looking at the instructions for the 2026UK, I see that an X10 controller is needed to program the code. I had assumed I would be able to do the programming using the remote control via the receiver, but now I'm thinking I'm going to need a plug-in controller (or mini-controller) to do the programming. Is this right? Or is there a way I can get it programmed without buying a plug-in controller?

Thanks very much in advance for any help that can be offered!

Automated Home Sr Member franktate's Avatar

Although the instruction may say you need a plug-in controller it has been my experience that these are not required. I use the remote control when re-programming a module.
    If you have a noisy house however then a plug-in module would be adviseable. I bought on for the same reason you stated, when I did my original research. I now use it as a bed-side controller.
    If you are going to buy one make sure you get a bed-side one, that way at least it will be usefull.

frank

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks very much for the reply. That's extremely helpful.

I've ordered a 4022UK and am looking forward to playing around with this stuff!

Automated Home Jr Member

Very nice! I got the transceiver and the lamp module working nicely together, both remotely programmed using the KR22. I really did not think this would work and was amazed when it all came together exactly as I'd planned.

Automated Home Sr Member franktate's Avatar

Glad everything is working OK. Don't forget to come and ask the questions when things go wrong. lol

frank