• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djgrah
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2010

Web Sever Access

Hi folks,
    Quick question... is there any way to specify a range of IP addresses in the verification part of the web server set up?.
    I want to be able to access the server quickly without having to log in all the time. This is difficult as our router dynamically allocates addresses on the internal network. As we have 5+ wifi devices, sometimes all active at the same time, getting the same IP address over an over again is difficult. I would rather not allocate static addresses as two of the machines are work related and I cannot modify the set up. These are the machines that are used most often as well!
    Thanks,
    Doug
  • katman
    • Jan 2004

Does your router not allow you to reserve IP addresses for certain MAC addresses. If so, then the router should give the machines the same IP address every time.
    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
    http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

• djgrah
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2010

Good idea Katman, I forgot that the router can do that. I will set that up tonight. Wish I had asked sooner as that will solve a number of other problems that I have as well!
      Doug

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Also keep a note of the MAC addresses and IP address. I keep mine in a spread sheet. It helps when the thing you are logging into is only once a month or maybe once a year. Or when equipment gets replaced.
        At last count I had about 10 static IP addresses.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X