• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stachoo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2009

Interfacing a SIP enabled Doorphone with Idratek

I'm looking for an elegant solution to integrate a video doorphone with Idratek.
    One idea already discussed on this forum was to attach a remote speaker and microphone to a DFP/MFP via some sort of amplifier + standard Idratek digital inputs/relays to action the doorphone and open the gate and a separate IP camera for the vision

As would like to have a nicely integrated single doorbell pannel including a speaker/microphone, camera and buttons, I thaught about using a standard doorphone with a SIP (VOIP) interface and connect it to Idratek via the PC.
    One such doorphone is the TEMA AA-25
    [URL="http://www.tematlc.it/eng/door-phone.asp#5"]

A software SIP client could be used for this purpose unless it is possible to use the new Idratek Skype functionality. Another possibility would be to use a software PBX such as Asterisk (but it runs on linux).

Has anyone tried this kind of solution? Any other ideas that would enable the use of standard door videophones with Idra?

PS. There are also doorphones interfacing with standard phones, using DTMF to open the gate. Maybe someone has tried to interface these using the Idra Telephony interface?

Thanks for Your input. I will try to describe my setup to the comunity once it is in place.
  • smoothquark
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2009

Interesting idea. I am currently exploring this avenue as well. You can get asterisk for windows as well - might be a solution. I was actually looking for an IP camera / sound type device, as I only have a single CAT5 run to the doorbell area. Does the video go on a separate cable or is it integrated as an IP stream ? I can't seem to download the manual.

I am sure Karam was talking about a doorbell type device sometime back...

Comment

• Karam
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2005

Yes we have had an external door bell intercom unit (AUI-001) in the pipeline since last year - one of the projects that has been stalled. Aside from some early prototypes these units have not been formally released yet, though we are now slowly beginning to get back to them. The brief spec. is: Stainless steel enclosure with choice of in wall or surface mount backing box. Single stainless steel button with blue annular lighting, intercom features similar to our panel units though handled differently, analogue colour camera with standard 1V composite PAL output. Visible LED night lighting for the camera. Connection for XRM relay accessory. 2x Digital inputs may be included in the release revision.

Comment

• smoothquark
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2009

Grr.... I knew I should have run a coax to the doorbell site. I suppose I could use a composite CAT5 extender and run on the brown pair. I'll make sure I install a deep enough box. I presume the doorbell unit is 1 gang?

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
          Automated Home Legend
          • Dec 2007

sounds a good spec' - we've in-mind to install it in the front door, above the knocker, or in the side panel (facing in the same direction) ... digital inputs would be good - extra flexibility & possibility of dealing with reed switches on a single/double door and/or a suitable PIR sensor !
          Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 11 April 2010, 09:03 PM.
          Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
            Automated Home Legend
            • Dec 2007

CT100 coax, is that the assumption for the video, or would the Cat-5 cable spare pair be used, in some way ?

'wonder if offsetting the camera would give a better image ... ?
            Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 12 April 2010, 10:40 AM. Reason: extra thought

Comment

• ludditeal
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Feb 2004

I would be interested in one or possibly two..... have run a cat5 to the backdoor for a doorbell and was contemplating what to do so watching this thread with interest!

Cheers
              Allan

Comment

• Karam
                Automated Home Legend
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by smoothquark View Post
                Grr.... I knew I should have run a coax to the doorbell site. I suppose I could use a composite CAT5 extender and run on the brown pair. I'll make sure I install a deep enough box. I presume the doorbell unit is 1 gang?
                The spare pair might work adequately without a balun but haven't tried this yet. The backing box is probably closer to a double gang but is not a standard pattress box. We will post dimensions and pictures when closer to ready. But if you're desparate to put a backing box in now for some reason then contact us.

Comment

• stachoo
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Nov 2009

Another interesting device SIP doorbell device

In the meantime, I have found another interesting VOIP doorbell device that might be interfaced with IDRA - the D-link DWM-351 http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/d...ideo-intercom/
                  There is currently little information available since the device is quite new, but the concept seems very interesting especially for those of You who don't have specific wiring for a video doorbell.

Comment

• Kevin
                    • Jan 2004

Mobotix Door Station

There is this product too - that you can attach over just two wires - but it's gonna be expensive. I already use other Mobotix IP cameras with Cortex and they work really well.

MOBOTIX offer uncompromisingly reliable products that keep unique events in the field of view - even when the surrounding conditions are bitterly cold, hot or explosive.

K

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Dec 2007

>In the meantime, I have found another ... the D-link DWM-351 ...

'bit more here (!) :

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Dec 2007

>Mobotix IP cameras with Cortex ...

look v.good - DVR built-in (MicroSD-card slot &/or NAS), up to 360deg coverage, full 3Meg resolution (about ten times that of a Y-Cam), digital PTZ, and Ethernet + USB - all for about two to four times the price of a Y-Cam ! And one camera might do the work of several ...

How easy was the linking with Cortex, I wonder ?

PS: quick Google seemed to show UK prices often up on manufacturer's list ... perhaps because models seem to come with different fits - eg: Q24M is 20+fps 3Meg & Q24Mi is 16fps VGA !
                        Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 14 April 2010, 03:13 PM. Reason: pricing update

Comment

• marcuslee
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by stachoo View Post
                          I'm looking for an elegant solution to integrate a video doorphone with Idratek.
                          One idea already discussed on this forum was to attach a remote speaker and microphone to a DFP/MFP via some sort of amplifier + standard Idratek digital inputs/relays to action the doorphone and open the gate and a separate IP camera for the vision

As would like to have a nicely integrated single doorbell pannel including a speaker/microphone, camera and buttons, I thaught about using a standard doorphone with a SIP (VOIP) interface and connect it to Idratek via the PC.
                          One such doorphone is the TEMA AA-25
                          [URL="http://www.tematlc.it/eng/door-phone.asp#5"]

A software SIP client could be used for this purpose unless it is possible to use the new Idratek Skype functionality. Another possibility would be to use a software PBX such as Asterisk (but it runs on linux).

Has anyone tried this kind of solution? Any other ideas that would enable the use of standard door videophones with Idra?

PS. There are also doorphones interfacing with standard phones, using DTMF to open the gate. Maybe someone has tried to interface these using the Idra Telephony interface?

Thanks for Your input. I will try to describe my setup to the comunity once it is in place.
                          Sorry for replying on such an old thread, but I've also been looking into this.

FYI I had considered, terminating the SIP phone to a PBX, and then possibly interfacing it back out to Idratek via Idratek's telephony modem input (eg using an FXO card within the PBX side of things) as a hack.

However Idratek's telephony modem side of things doesn't seem to allow direct answering of the telephone, but really is more of an answer machine etc. So doesn't look like this is a viable solution...

Cheers,

Marcus

Comment

• Kevin
                            • Jan 2004

Very nice.... very expensive ..

K

Comment

• marcuslee
                              Automated Home Ninja
                              • Dec 2009

Agreed.

A cheaper alternative http://www.voipstore.co.uk/acatalog/...oor_Phone.html, but alas it's only 5fps or something, but at least it offers some alternative.

What I am wondering though is the ability to pull a digital input off hardware speaking, such that it could also trigger a door bell ring within the Idratek side of things (in addition to the SIP call)....

Comment

Working...
                              X