• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdurkin
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2010

Househeat / fhem / other controls

Hi All,
    I've read the HouseHeat System threads with much interest as I'm just redesigning my heating system. I will have a gas boiler, woodburner, and (at some future point) solar, all hooked up to a thermal store (just background info!).
    The FS20 conrad stuff, coupled with fhem looks very flexible. I've read the thread and understand the options and what all the modules do - great thread. I also have a spare NSLU2

My question is somewhat related. I'd like to be able to use the data collected in fhem from room sensors and an external temperature sensor to provide some feedback in the form of controlling 3-way thermostatic mixing valves (1 for CH circuit, one for Underfloor circuit). These are valves the position of which, I believe, is controlled with a 0-10V DC voltage. This in turn adjusts the target mixing temperature. ESBE (and others) make these valves and the actuators to adjust them.
    The idea is that when demand is low (I can use delta temp or actuator % to determine this in fhem), the mixing valve would control the circuit temperature by only mixing in the required amount of hot water from the store. This minimises flows and returns to the store increasing temperature stratification in the store (a big thing in thermal store world!).
    Expensive heating controllers (such as ESBE's 90C) are able to do just this. Has anyone on here used fhem to do something like this?

Thanks,
    Matt
Working...
X