• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CFreeP0
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2010

Help Changing LW12 Module Codes (CM15)

Hi,
    I have just purchased 2 LW12 In Wall Modules and a CM15. I have installed one module in the Cloakroom and One in the Kitchen. They are are not wired to any switches. They just sit behind a blanking plate. I would like to control them both using a KR22 wireless remote. I would like the codes to be A1 for the Kitchen and A2 for the Cloakroom. A1 is the easy part but i am having problems changing the other one to A2. Somehow i managed to change it to A3 but i have no idea how. When i load Activehome, i can turn the light on and off using a module with the code A3. The remote also turns the light on/off using the A3 buttons. Can someone pls help me in idiot terms!! change the Unit code of the LW12 to A2?
  • jaffab
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2008

In order to change the code, it needs to receive a new code through X10 - use your PC software to do that - just send it an on and off with the device control you want it to use. Thats the easy part.

the hard bit is having it pick up the new code. For this, you need to put it into program mode - you need to connect it to a swicth, and switch it off and on quickly 4 or 5 times until it no longer swiches on or off - its now in program mode. Use the PC software to now send the X10 on and off with the new X10 device code, and it will change to the new specified device code.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com

Comment

• CFreeP0
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2010

Thanks Jaffab,

Was easy once you know how!! I used the remote to put it into program mode and then the PC software to change code. Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
      X