Linking output to input causes strange behaviour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Linking output to input causes strange behaviour.

So what am I doing wrong ?

I have a DRB02 two button switch module - one button controls an outside floodlight via toggle - works well. The floodlight also comes one when triggered by an external PIR so I then connected a mains relay on the output and this energises correctly whenever the flood comes one. So last step I used the NO contacts of the relay to feed back into an input on the module so I can see when the flood comes on but the switch was off i.e. a security trigger. This also works fine but... the button now has it's behaviour upset..

If I quickly touch the button all is well but any longer press causes the output (and LED) to alternate on and off. A normal press typically creates an on and off situation - i.e. no change . So there seems to be an interaction between the input and the output even though none is configured. The input just drives a PIR output symbol and that has no connections at all in its list - the button just has a toggle of the output and uses the inbuilt led feedback behaviour.

If the input is steady state i.e. the PIR is activated or I remove the input totally then the button again behaves normally.

Perhaps I've misunderstood and the inputs are not independent of the buttons ..any thoughts ?

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 13 April 2010, 07:05 PM.
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

Kevin you have detected a bug.
    The effect was that if a button was pressed and an input changed during the same instance the button was considered to have been pressed again. This is only an issue with small modules. It does not affect MFP or DFP panels.

An update is available for Cortex 24 to fix this.

Vivian.

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Great support as ever Vivian - tried it and it's fixed - many thanks..

K

Comment

Working...
      X