X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Restarting Cortex ...

Cortex is running fin but recently I've noticed that if I stop the network then it doesn't restart correctly instead giving lots of network errors and node failures. I need to reboot my machine to regain access to IDRANet. It almost seems the serial port is not resetting correctly. I am not sure if this is a Windows update or maybe a Cortex change or maybe a hardware issue here.

Anyone else seeing this ?

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 26 April 2010, 12:45 PM.
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

Can't say I've seen this issue although I'm running Windows Home Server (Windows 2003) rather than XP. You do have some power up options in Cortex with regard to resetting nodes I wonder if this is worth experimenting with to see if it helps?

Paul

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

I'm on WHS too. Possibly I've accidently changed something in the power up options. I'll take a look ... glad to know it's just me.

K

Comment

• Karam
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2005

If unresolved please post us a log, or at very least the initial part of the log of the problematic start up sequence. A copy of the database would also help to determine what sort of hardware is involved in your system. If resolved let us know cause.

Comment

• Kevin
          • Jan 2004

A bit more info - this only happens after I quit Cortex and restart it, even if I restart it immediately. It doesn't happen if I just stop the network and restart it. My only course of action is a Windows reboot which also of course causes issues with Cortex updates

Also every time I quit I am warned that config has changed even if it hasn't but maybe this is normal.

This is what happens as I restart Cortex... almost as if it's lost the serial port..

17:28:56 Network start request
          17:28:56
          17:28:56 RS232 Purge buffers
          17:28:56 Initialisation: Start
          17:28:56 Initialisation: Starting any power supplies
          17:28:56 Initialisation: Versioning All nodes seperately
          17:28:57 > World
          17:28:57 exception NetworkIO.TxLocal

**** Auto Log on failure detection point ****