Thread: Restarting Cortex ...

Default Restarting Cortex ...

Cortex is running fin but recently I've noticed that if I stop the network then it doesn't restart correctly instead giving lots of network errors and node failures. I need to reboot my machine to regain access to IDRANet. It almost seems the serial port is not resetting correctly. I am not sure if this is a Windows update or maybe a Cortex change or maybe a hardware issue here.

Anyone else seeing this ?

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 26th April 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Can't say I've seen this issue although I'm running Windows Home Server (Windows 2003) rather than XP. You do have some power up options in Cortex with regard to resetting nodes I wonder if this is worth experimenting with to see if it helps?

Paul

I'm on WHS too. Possibly I've accidently changed something in the power up options. I'll take a look ... glad to know it's just me.

K

If unresolved please post us a log, or at very least the initial part of the log of the problematic start up sequence. A copy of the database would also help to determine what sort of hardware is involved in your system. If resolved let us know cause.

A bit more info - this only happens after I quit Cortex and restart it, even if I restart it immediately. It doesn't happen if I just stop the network and restart it. My only course of action is a Windows reboot which also of course causes issues with Cortex updates

Also every time I quit I am warned that config has changed even if it hasn't but maybe this is normal.

This is what happens as I restart Cortex... almost as if it's lost the serial port..

17:28:56 Network start request
    17:28:56
    17:28:56 RS232 Purge buffers
    17:28:56 Initialisation: Start
    17:28:56 Initialisation: Starting any power supplies
    17:28:56 Initialisation: Versioning All nodes seperately
    17:28:57 > World
    17:28:57 exception NetworkIO.TxLocal

**** Auto Log on failure detection point ****