X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Anyone here got a Joggler ?

The 02 Jogglers were on offer at £50 a few weeks ago... bargain .. actually I think they're a bargain even at £100 RRP. Anyone here buy one ?

I ask because I have a xAP application (Flash) running on the Joggler which provides a touchscreen grid of control buttons and can also display messages, CallerID, sensor data etc. These can directly link to Cortex control via xAP.

At the moment it's pretty specific to my own system - (anyone will be welcome to the code however you will require Adobe Flash to modify it for your use ). I'm investigating how easy it would be to make this more generally useful / configurable but as a Flash novice it'll likely take me a while yet... I also need to hone my graphics skills a little , and then I'll post some screenshots.

K
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Otto-Mate View Post

M.
      In the beginning there was Kevin... and his Joggler...
      ... on day two Kevin wrote his first 'hello world' app in Flash
      ... on day three Kevin realised just how graphically challenged he was - not very Flash at all....

... but here you go... so far .. lots to do - different icons - fonts - tabbed interface etc...but the xAP interaction works really well, near instant response from C-Bus, Idratek, HomeEasy, Plugwise etc

see post below for inline image

K
      Last edited by Kevin; 12 May 2010, 04:50 PM. Reason: removed link as image below

Comment

• Otto-Mate
        Founder
        • Jan 2004

Thanks Kevin, in-line version of your image below, keep em coming as it progresses - I have Jogglers looking for a purpose

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• ludditeal
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Feb 2004

Shamed to admit I do have a joggler which I got out of the box, fired up, connected used for a couple of days and put away for the moment whilst I think what I am going to do with it...

Integration with Xap/Cortex sounds interesting, especially the caller display function.. but I don't have Adobe Flash and the cost looks a bit prohibitive!

Comment

• Kevin
            • Jan 2004

It's the usual problem unfortunately that making an application that works for everyone takes ten times as long as one that works for just yourself, especially if it involves subjective area like graphics. Time is the enemy here, so I'm not just sure how I'll approach this. Hopefully I can include a device editor to add your own xAP endpoints against the buttons - and hence directly control the matching Cortex device. Just got to sort out interaction with the Joggler's onscreen keypad. Failing that a config file that you edit on a PC might suffice.

The Caller ID is actually implemented using any xAP CallerID device/application rather than from the inbuilt feature in Cortex, mainly because I couldn't add the required modem card to my PC plus I couldn't see a way to get xAP in or out of the existing object anyway. I use the Crucible Meteor with a little attached box that converts it to Ethernet (xAP) but there is a free PC application too. I should add that's it's perfectly possible to push a photo of the caller to a Joggler too when the phone rings which is the sort of thing that helps the WAF.

I'll keep you posted , and obviously anything that avoids you needing Flash is beneficial.

K
            Last edited by Kevin; 13 May 2010, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Simon300
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Apr 2010

I'm not sure this is quite the place to post this but seeing as we're talking about O2 Joggler...

Here are some relevant links I've come across:

We could probably do with pulling together an article on how to customise the Joggler for HA usage. Of course different people will have different needs, but at the least I think we all will want a browser (which I don't think the O2 stock firmware has). Personally I'd also like to find a way of wall mounting it to so that it's readily available for controlling the heating etc.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                Founder
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Simon300 View Post
                We could probably do with pulling together an article on how to customise the Joggler for HA usage.
                You offering?

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• Simon300
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Otto-Mate View Post
                  You offering?

M.
                  Sure, but at the moment my Joggler hasn't yet arrived and I don't have any HA

CH/DHW automation is on its way this summer though... once I can decide on an HA standard/product set

Comment

• Gumby
                    • May 2004

The spat between Adobe and Apple has at least thrown up this bit of useful information:- Free Tools for Flash Authoring

Not that I have a Joggler

... must resist AH bargains ... recite mantra ... 1..2..3..iPad ...
                    ----------------------
                    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Paul_B
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2006

Know that feeling but I am weak, I can't resist

Comment

• Paul_B
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2006

I have now succumbed, Joggler on order

Comment

• JonS
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Dec 2007

Thanks for the heads up all, I await my new toy
                          JonS

Comment

• Kevin
                            • Jan 2004

Continuing this thread in the xAP forum...

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in HA control from the Joggler and I don't want to hijack or go OT within the IDRAtek forum so I've just started another thread in the adjacent xAP forum and that'll be the main place I'll be using. A lot of those interested are new to xAP too.

Of course if you have any questions that are more associated with the use of IDRAnet and xAP / Joggler then post away and I'll keep an eye open here too...

Cheers Kevin

Comment

• Paul_B
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jul 2006

My Joggler has just arrived and I've unpacked and plugged it in. First impressions after entering my WPA2 key are good. It is now downloading some updates

Comment

Working...
                              X