Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here got a Joggler ?

Know that feeling but I am weak, I can't resist

I have now succumbed, Joggler on order

Thanks for the heads up all, I await my new toy
    JonS

Default Continuing this thread in the xAP forum...

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in HA control from the Joggler and I don't want to hijack or go OT within the IDRAtek forum so I've just started another thread in the adjacent xAP forum and that'll be the main place I'll be using. A lot of those interested are new to xAP too.

Of course if you have any questions that are more associated with the use of IDRAnet and xAP / Joggler then post away and I'll keep an eye open here too...

Cheers Kevin

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ead.php?t=2758

My Joggler has just arrived and I've unpacked and plugged it in. First impressions after entering my WPA2 key are good. It is now downloading some updates

Nice aren't they - the build quality is surprisingly good.

Assuming you have the xAP option for Cortex - and want to control some IDRAnet stuff eventually I'll be happy to include you in my 'early days' versions. There is a small router app used that runs on a PC too ,ideally XP. Hopefully later we will be able to run this bit on the Joggler too within a Linux hub.

Happy to help you get it going once you're ready... if you don't have Flash I can setup some buttons for you that will work with your system after compilation.

Kevin

Yet to run Kevin's instruction for enabling xAP because I had a few issues with enabling Telnet/SSH. Joggler seems a bit fussy about USB keys but I managed to get mine working and have written up what I did:

Joggler Info - Forum Write-up

Hope this may help others

Paul

You dont have to install SSH and SCP if you are comfortable using

w g e t http://....

and have a web server to host the files on. Sorry I had to put spaces in that command as if you post it as one word the post fails :-(

I have an imminent new release that doesn't require you customise via Flash as the configuration file is separate now. I provide a compiled .swf file now.

Of course to customise the graphics , or add actions in reaction to device changes then you still need Flash. So I suspect to be really useful most people will need Flash still.

K

The directory should be media/appshop btw not media/appstore (the iPhones's warped my mind). I have reports that PMJ might change things a bit if that's installed.
    Last edited by Kevin; 22nd May 2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Trying to find why post failed it's that w g e t !

Kevin,

Correct me if I am wrong but you still need to boot from USB to enable Telnet / SSH initally as the bog standard Joggler doesn't allow connection over these protocols?

I've just updated my post to indicate that through Windows 7 diskpart I got my Corsair 4GB USB key working whereas intially it wouldn't.

BTW I like the new Jog Tool released by the guys at Joggler.info which is an interface for installing other Apps.

Looking forward to your new release. I was going to install your previous version but decied to wait until the morning when my head is a little clearer

Paul

Automated Home Jr Member Simon300's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_B View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but you still need to boot from USB to enable Telnet / SSH initally as the bog standard Joggler doesn't allow connection over these protocols?
    Paul
    Yes - the telnet procedure (http://www.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7 and other places) puts a few files on a USB stick that the Joggler looks for when it boots (in case a manual upgrade is required). When run, these files enable telnet at boot time and create the "letmein" user. I don't think there's an SSH daemon installed on the stock Joggler OS but there are compiled ones on the net you can install manually.