Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: xAP on the Joggler

Automated Home Jr Member Simon300's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kev_t View Post
    Thought I would post my first couple of Joggler screens to encourage others to do the same and share what can be done.
    It's great to see your progress. I'm at the early stages of putting in a new CH and solar (well, all the kit's sitting in the hall anyway!) so will be looking to put 1-wire themometers into the pockets in my cylinder and what you've done is just what I'd like.

Just one trivial thought for anyone whose name starts with K ...have you experimented using a a sans-serif font for the buttons - IMO it might make the display look a little smoother?

Keep up the good work - I'm sure there are a few of us lurkers following with interest!

Simon

Default San Serif fonts

yes agreed, san serif fonts would be much better, I strongly dislike Times new roman for almost ev erything, but I dont think font selection is available in this beta

KevinT

The font's aren't currently selectable via XML - and they do vary based on peoples Flash embedding. However you can change them from Flash and within your own imported SWF's you can use any font you wish ;-) The button labels and time display have a preset font though.

It maybe that you can select a font , as well as other basic attributes like size, colour etc with html tags using the BSC text devices.. did you try it ? I know it works for CallerID (xap-osd.display) messages although that screen is not layered correctly in beta 4.

Better text handling is something that's percolating up the 'ToDo' list , likely with a text box capability in the XML supporting xAPBSC.text xAPBSC.displaytext, xap-osd.display and static text with basic html tags. The current placements and sizes were intended for the larger button layouts.

There seems to be a tendancy to place as many buttons as possible on screens initially but I think that will give way to less populated screens as the project evolves and the page handling improves.

K

PS beta 5 about a week away...

Tried a couple of variations on including HTML as suggested and this does not work currently. Info passed directly to Kevin H

KevinT

html tags should work in the CallerID (xap-osd.display) area but that screen is stuck behind others due to the new pages layering. b5 will allow text boxes supporting html tags to be added as placed page elements.

Bear with us... we are hard at work (into the early hours) on b5 but it's a lot of extra code / features this time, and it also takes a bit longer with multiple contributors.

I think you'll all be very pleased but we're still a few days off.

K

Default Still working on screens

Looking forward to the next beta, and have been continuing to try out different ideas for screens.

This one is for my back garden, the decking ( and its LED deck lighting) shown is my current domestic project, all the other lights are energy saving type and are currently controlled via home easy plug in modules, the plan being to link these to my Livebox HAH

KevinT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kev_t View Post
    Looking forward to the next beta
    Me too - it's quite a big update this time and I think you'll like the text boxes :-)

I have a question...

Would people like text boxes that they can 'link' to an existing BSC text device or would they like the text box to itself be a xAP BSC output device so they can send text to it using a xAPBSC.cmd, or , dare I say it .. both ?
    The visibility of pages, buttons and text boxes can all be set via xAPBSC.cmd messages now too.

Looking good on the existing designs KT :-)
    Last edited by Kevin; 22nd August 2010 at 04:48 AM.

Ummm both please I can see situations where I just would use text as a label and other situations where I'd like to update the text i.e temperature, humidity, etc.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_B View Post
    Ummm both please I can see situations where I just would use text as a label and other situations where I'd like to update the text i.e temperature, humidity, etc.

Paul
    Actually you would be able to update it in both situations - it's just how you would do it that differs. In the first scenario the text field would be linked to an existing xAPBSC.event message from a text device and if it changed value it would update the text. This is similar to how a button is linked currently. In the second you would send a xAPBSC.cmd message targeted at a Joggler endpoint (the named text field) and it would update.

K

Sorry folks but beta 5 is not yet ready - I had hoped to give you something to play with this bank holiday w/e but there are a lot of changes in this version. Barrels of midnight oil burned, we're well over 5000 lines of code now. Multiple contributors - much appreciated , and a pernicious iServer bug that Martyn identified has taken time to (hopefully) resolve.

I think you'll be really pleased with it when it arrives though as this is the first release that is pretty feature complete. You should be able to create some cracking screen designs.

Pretty tied up family wise this w/e but I'm hopeful we're nearly there...

K