• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BodgeIT
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jul 2010

Killing me...

...the suspense! I can hardly stand it.

Kevin, could you detail the changes made to iServer?
    Last edited by BodgeIT; 16 September 2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BodgeIT View Post
      ...the suspense! I can hardly stand it.

Kevin, could you detail the changes made to iServer?
      Aiming for a release tonight :-)

Changes to iServer ...

iServer no longer acquires the main xAP port on launch so it now requires a xAP hub.

Displays message traffic without requiring a connected client.

Fixed a bug which could cause missing messages.

Fixed a bug that could drop concatenated messages.

Fixed a bug that could cause client lockout / one way traffic only.

iServer now forwards any messages targeted specifically at a client regardless of source filters. (not wildcarded targets).

Not yet fixed. iServer is still vulnerable to very badly misformed messages eg very old versions of Weather Display.

K
      Last edited by Kevin; 17 September 2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Kevin
        • Jan 2004

Beta 5 - it's here - well as good as ...

OK... Here's where we're at. I have available what I'll call a pre beta 5 in time for your weekend :-)

It's unlikley to change too much before we release beta 5 officially but there are still a couple of documentation issues to tidy and I need to work on the XML example files a bit still. So if you would like this version - just drop me an email and I'll send it to you. You'll find plenty to explore including the long awaited text box /graphic elements and there's plenty of editing of any existing XML files that you have... there is a lot of new documentation too.

I'm really encouraging people to try this version I guess and it also helps us to know just who's putting it through it's paces.

What we're then going to do is just polish a couple more days before posting the zip to all the beta testers. I have started a new thread in the xAP forum here specifically for beta 5 comments.

K
        Last edited by Kevin; 22 September 2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Paul_B
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2006

Wow you have been busy and dedicated to the task. I hope the wife is still talking to you? I'd love to get a look at this beta 5 version as I believe I'm currently using beta 3. Appreciate it if you can PM the download instructions when you wake up

Many thanks

Paul

Comment

• Kevin
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Simon300 View Post
            Yes, I was wondering about that approach too - I need some kind of 1-wire to xAP gateway.
            The Barix Barionet has 1-wire support and some code for xAP embedded - and the xAP HAH controller - which you can create from an Orange Livebox with modified 'xAP' firmware has too. Both only cope with the DS1820 temp sensors and I believe the HAH only supports 8 sensors but I could be wrong...

Also the Homevision controller supports 1 wire and can be xAP enabled using a bolt on controller I designed .. But that is a far more capable solution (expensive) as it includes all the extra I/O as well as a full logic automation engine and scheduler. Highly Recommended though

K
            Last edited by Kevin; 2 October 2010, 05:42 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

• Kevin
              • Jan 2004

Since the Automated Home news article - thanks Mark :-) I have had quite a few requests to join the beta program - and all are welcome.

I do want to stress that this application is useable on all devices that can run Flash content but it can only control your devices that are xAP enabled. There are typically three ways to do this. An existing xAP application that has been written for your device, a device that has xAP embedded or an existing home automation application that supports xAP or has a xAP plugin available. Most HA applications do have such a plugin , and the really nice thing about this approach is that most of the hardware devices supported by your software then become controllable via xAP too.

A list of well over 100 xAP devices and applications is available on the main website.
              (X10, CallerID, Dynalite, 1-wire, Weather, TV listings, News, Traffic, BlueTooth, DMX, RFXCom, HomeEasy etc etc)

Home Automation software controller applications with support xAP include:

HomeSeer
              HouseBot
              Charmed Quark (beta plugin)
              Cortex (IDRATEK)
              Mister House
              Premise (?)
              xLobby
              xAP Floorplan (mi4)
              MainLobby (via HomeSeer connection)

Hardware controllers / networks with xAP embedded:

HomeVision with UKUSA xAP gateway
              HAH LiveBox (DBZoo)
              OPNMax on NSLU2 (OPNode)
              OPNone (no longer available)
              Clipsal C-Bus with UKUSA xAP gateway
              IHC (Square D / Siemens Intelligent Home Control) with UKUSA gateway
              Meteor Caller ID (UKUSA module)
              HouseHeat on NSLU2 (MartynW)
              Phaedrus xAP Netiom I/O

just as disclosure - UKUSA products are my own projects

... There are various tools, libraries and an OCX for developers too. The OCX can provide script access to xAP (eg VB script)

K
              Last edited by Kevin; 2 October 2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Kemik
                • Mar 2024

Hi,

Great work my friend.

Thinking of loading it on my Joggler as it looks awesome

Question for you given that I only have HomeEasy stuff currently. Is there a way to get your application to send commands to my Domia Controller to control the HomeEasy stuff I have? or will I need to get an RFXCOM?

Thanks

Comment

• kev_t
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Jun 2004

The Livebox HAH is a xAP Controller from http://www.dbzoo.com or http://www.homeautomationhub.com which allows you to control upto 12 HomEasy or Bye Bye Standby RF plugs, as well as a number of other capabilities including running the iServer for the Joggler/xAP Flash application

The current thread for xAPFlash is here

KevinT
                  (the other kevin)

Comment

• Kemik
                    • Mar 2024

Originally posted by kev_t View Post
                    The Livebox HAH is a xAP Controller from http://www.dbzoo.com or http://www.homeautomationhub.com which allows you to control upto 12 HomEasy or Bye Bye Standby RF plugs, as well as a number of other capabilities including running the iServer for the Joggler/xAP Flash application

The current thread for xAPFlash is here

KevinT
                    (the other kevin)
                    Awesome

Quick question can it control the HomeEasy Heating Controller?

Because if it can I'm ordering one off you today

Comment

• Kemik
                      • Mar 2024

Actually as an extensive to my question does the Livebox control all HE devices that use 'basic' commands? If so where can I find a list of those devices?

Many thanks

Comment

• kev_t
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Jun 2004

To be clear, I am not selling Livebox HAH, but I am a happy customer

The HAH has an RF Transmitter on board which communicates directly with the HE and BBSB RF Plugs and similar On/Off devices, It does not control, I think, the wall sockets nor the Heating controller as these use a different protocol. In addition it supports 4 on board relays and 4 digital inputs, plus upto 16 1-wire temperatures

The HAH is a developing project, but it is not a full time job for either Brett or Derek. I know there are more exciting developments in the pipeline

I suggest you look at whats available from the homeautomationhub site and read the article on automatedhome, links in the earlier posts. I have also posted links to xAPFlash screens in the newer thread

The homeautomationhub site has its own forum there if you have specific questions

KevinT

Comment

• Kevin
                          • Jan 2004

New xAP Flash Forum

There is now a new forum here for xAP Flash (thanks Mark) where you can create individual threads that should make things easier to follow. xAP Flash can also be downloaded (see the first post).

http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497.cloudwaysapps.com/vbull...splay.php?f=29

I'm therefore going to close this thread and we can continue afresh there.

K
                          Last edited by Kevin; 29 January 2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X