How to configure several IDRA modules in one step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stachoo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2009

How to configure several IDRA modules in one step?

I have 5 PIR-s connected to a single IPS spur. These modules haven't been comissioned with Cortex and they have their address set to FFFE (default). Is there a way to configure them with Cortex without physically disconnecting the modules from the spur, reconnecting them one by one and allowing plug-and-play functionnality to detect them (the boxes are recessed behind a plaster ceilling, so it's quite difficult to physically manipulate them).
    When I try to connect the whole spur, Cortex detects a PIR with address FFFE and the plug-and-play functionality gives it a regular (non-default) address, but no other PIRs are detected.
    I suppose that plug and play probably sends a reflex packet to change the address of all the nodes having address FFFE, and all those nodes get the same NID.
    Is there a way to get around this without disconnecting individual PIRs??
    Thanks for Your input
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

It is possible but not very elegant. There is a special command which makes a module temporarily set its ID to a value taken from an internal free running clock. If the modules have been powered up for some time this should be sufficiently random to separate them out. Problem is that due to some legacy constraints this process does not include modules checking to see if any others already have the same address, which means slight possibility that this does not guarantee unique new IDs on first attempt, but ultimately you should be able to get there.

Before I post up the procedure for others to note it would be helpful for me to guide you directly so that I can get feedback on the useability of my instruction. Surprisingly perhaps, this situation has been rare enough for me not to remember a previous occurance, but probably because in such situations hardware has been accessible. Anyhow if you would please contact me directly or via the company contact address then I will be happy to guide you.

Comment

Working...
    X