Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice please? UK wall light switches

Automated Home Jr Member

Question Advice please? UK wall light switches

Hi All,

Back to ask advice on wall switces to expand my HA X10 systems, so I need your expert opinion please?

I would like to replace my wall switches with a x10 switch, but still retain the ability to use it as a 'normal' on/off switch, but also have a x10 interface at the back to switch it on/off via 'X10 Commander' on my iPhone.

I found one here that does not require a neutral wire (I am in the UK), but it is a double switch - I am looking for a single switch that would please the wife and just work.

What switches are every one else using?

X10 LW10, they are ugly but thats something I got to live with. Here is the single equivalent of what you have posted http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...products_id=68 , if only they were released when I did my X10 setup I would be using them.

Automated Home Jr Member

Nice switch, and seems simple enough to install and use - seems the one/two way is the biggest pit fall - not to mention that my lights are all low-energy/flourecent lights

Ah, and then there is the price per switch. Ouch!

Automated Home Jr Member

Just ordered one - 6 day delivery time

Anyone in the UK sell them?

Automated Home Jr Member

I recently purchased 2 of these switches and they work realy well. I ordered 2 double switches of the web page. Took a few days to arrive but they were well packaged.

Install and configuration is very simple and I also have them working with a Marmitek easy icon 10rf

I now have a set of 10 downlights in the lounge working off these switches. they are configured in groups to give 4 possible scenes.

Automated Home Jr Member

Sounds great Gully - recieved mine last Friday (ordered a single switch) and will install later this week. Unfortunately summer here is so good, so we are out most of the time...

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying one of these double switches. However, I want to check that it is what I think it is. I'm looking for a switch that always looks the same regardless of whether it is switched on or off. My current light switches always point up when they are off and down when they are on. If I am replacing them with switches that can be remote controlled, I would prefer them not to indicate anything, as it could be confusing. These are the switches I'm looking at:
    http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=56

It's hard to tell from the description, but I'm thinking you just push to switch on or off, and the appearance of the switch does not change. You could also activate the switch via a key chain remote or a motion sensor as long as you have a transceiver. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi these switches work really well and do not give any indication of the light status. you simple press the top of the switch to turn it on and the bottom to turn it off. It also has a faint blue back light which helps finding the switch easy in the dark.

I currently have 3 of these installed to turn on/off CFL lights and also a set of LED lights. I control them using a X10 remote and also have them controlled by various timers using ActiveHomePro.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks very much, that's a great help. I'm gonna get on and order this!

Automated Home Lurker

Smile

There are 3 of these for sale on eBay UK if your quick.

The user is bartouk and there selling lots of X10 devices.