X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MalcolmSu
    • Apr 2024

Using Pandora on Sonos in the UK

I'm a frequent listener to Pandora on my Sonos. I last used it at the weekend I think but since them I can't get the Sonos controller to connect anymore. I can still use Pandora.com on my PC but not on the Sonos. I use this to connect http://tinyurl.com/34httxz

Amyone else who listens to Pandora having problems?

Malcolm
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

You may find that Pandora have blocked anyone using a VPN. Normal reasons for this are that they are licensed in the US but not anywhere else,and rather than face large legal bills and possible closure they may have decided to block anyone using a VPN or proxy connection.
    TVcatchup.com did this as there where quite a few people from outside the UK viewing their service via VPNs.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• MalcolmSu
      • Apr 2024

possibly but I would have expected if that was the case I wouldn't be able to connect thru VPN on the PC too. It's only the Sonos connection that's lost

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Ah OK.
        Have you been on the Sonos forums as I seem to remember something about a post on a controller not being able to connect.
        Have you tried the Sonos software on the PC, and see if you can then get it to play through the Sonos units that way.
        Did you upgrade the firmware.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X