• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkHarrison
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2004

xAP Twitter

Does anyone have a xAP app that takes a xAP Display message and tweets it?

If not, would anyone like one?

I have all the fragments required to assemble such a thing (for Linux, at least) from other projects, and am happy to assemble them into a single package if it would help.

What I don't have at the moment is anywhere to obviously host them... so if anyone could offer, that would be great.
  • kev_t
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jun 2004

xAP and Twitter

Mark

I have an app that does this, optionaly tweets message.display, cid.lookup, cid.incoming and/or xaposd.display in any combination, is deliberately parasitic, ie ignores targeting. Also is part of the xAP intranet webserver system and allows tweets to be manually entered from a web page.

I use this primarily to take the messages generated by xAPSwitchboard for incoming calls and send them to my house's Twitter account, and Twitter then sends me a (free) text to tell me who has rung. This has caused some interesting responses from people who I then ring back from my mobile

However this may not suit you as it is a xAPintranet/VB6/Windows application.

James at mi4 has an app called Four which has Twitter capabilities, I have never used it, so don't know exactly what it does, but i think is two way. Again this is a xAPIntranet/VB6/Windows app. Try starting here http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=...rticle&sid=155

The Livebox HAH (Home Automation Hub) is xAP based and also has a Twitter capability. This allows you to turn on relays, etc from Twitter and also enables you to programmaticaly send text messages as tweets

So probably the answer is both yes and no, and go for it

Cheers
    KevinT
    (The other Kevin)

Comment

• kev_t
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Jun 2004

xAP and Twitter

And the link to the Livebox is

KevinT

Comment