• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lats
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jul 2009

Finding Module Node Id

Hi,

I was wondering whether someone can help me. I removed some my IPS module from my view and now dont know how to add it back. I can add the object, but dont know the module id.

Is there a way in which I can discover a modules unique Id, so that I can add back into my plan view?

thanks,
    Abs
    Last edited by lats; 17 July 2010, 01:56 PM.
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

There is a distinction between whether you can see an object or any of its sub objects in plan view and on the other hand the actual existence of the object in the database (tree structure). If you can see the object exists in the database (i.e. you can see it in the tree structure view) then you should not be adding another such object to your database. Instead what you need to do there is manipulate the plan view options for that object or its sub objects.

If you had indeed deleted the entire object representing your IPS then you do not need to manually add a new object for it. It is probably easier to simply switch off and then back on your IPS. If your database did not have an object in it with the IPS's unique address (i.e. you had indeed deleted the IPS object) then Cortex will inform you that it has detected a new object of type IPS and will guide you to automatically create a new database object for it. This presumes that you have'nt accidentally given another module on your network or another object in your database the same address.

So the first thing you need to do is clarify whether you have actually deleted the IPS object or whether you have just some plan view settings which are preventing the object or parts of it from being visible. Feel free to contact me directly for further help.

Comment

• lats
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jul 2009

Hi,

I had indeed deleted the IPS object from my database. Powering the IP off and then back on did not result in Cortex detecting the object again.

Luckily I managed to find the piece of paper that came with the IPS unit and mentioned what the address was. I manually created this object and added it back into the database.

Thanks for your reply Karam.

Comment

• Karam
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2005

Are you by any chance using a PCU (rather than PCA/PCD)?

Comment

• lats
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jul 2009

Yes I am using a PCU.

BTW, how do I move an object in cortex from one room to another. I did a cut of the IPS object originally, and pasted it to another room. I could see the IPS object, but not the timer object. This was always hidden regardless of whether I changed the icon to hide or show.

Comment

• Karam
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2005

Ok, so the reason the IPS did not show up after the power up is that the power up would have also powered up the PCU and reset the USB communication channel but the USB communication channel is not automatically re-opened by a 'static' Cortex. You either need to close and re-launch Cortex or run the network before the USB channel becomes visible again. Under normal running circumstances this would not be a problem since Cortex does detect and re-open the channel when its in running mode.

Regarding the timer, in its plan view menu suggest you first click on 'Restore to owner ...', then click on 'Move plan icon to ...' and choose the room that you want it to go into. Then click on 'Bring to front' and finally click on Layers and make sure that it is associated (check box ticked) with the display layers of your choice, or if in doubt enable in all layers for the time being.

Comment

Working...
            X