• Show
Clear All
  • Chilypalmer
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2010

Electronic Thermostatic Radiator Valve System

Can anyone help

I am looking at replacing all the radiator valves with electronic versions
    I have 8 rooms or zones and 9 radiators one with out a valve as it’s the loop. The boiler is an LPG Ferrolli combi boiler 4 years old and we have a Honeywell thermostat.

What I would like is a temp sensor in each room and individual controls per room but - and this is the bit I am stuck on is, we use the rooms not routinely so would like some sort of remote device to turn on or off certain zones as the time oriented only settings will prove hard to use. We also do not have regular home times running your own business does this to you so master all zones off bi- passing the timers.

Not necessary looking for the cheapest option but the most cost effective.
  • Wollo
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2010

I was in a branch of Graham plumbers merchants last week and they had Pegler battery operated TRV's timer on the top type. No idea how good or dear though.
    I also know Danfoss make Z wave actuators for standard Danfoss TRV body's From what I've read they might have a fair requirement fot batterys though. I fancy those for my system soon. Just for the hell of it really.

Comment

• MikeM
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2008

You might want to look at Conrad Electronics UK website:

Part no.: 616100 - 89

or search their site for 'radiator valves' . I have been using the FHT80 set for the last year and they work well but are a bit 'fiddly' to set up.

Central control via a PC is possible though not easy. I would ideally like just what you described in your post.
      Attached Files

Comment

• gpulido
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
        You might want to look at Conrad Electronics UK website:

Part no.: 616100 - 89

or search their site for 'radiator valves' . I have been using the FHT80 set for the last year and they work well but are a bit 'fiddly' to set up.

Central control via a PC is possible though not easy. I would ideally like just what you described in your post.

MikeM, I have one 616100 - 89 from ELV and a window contact.
        They work well however is a little noisy.
        How could you control it via PC?

Comment

Working...
        X