• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marius_sirbu
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2010

Infinity Prime Wireless alarm - PSTN issue

Hello everybody,

I am wondering if anybody could help me with an advice, regarding the following issue:
    I have an Infinity Prime wireless alarm installed. Everything worked well, until I have switched the phone landline provider - now I am with Talk Talk.
    My problem is that I am not able anymore to establishg a two-way audio communication with the control panel.
    There is an option called "Find Modules" which identifies all the modules connected to the control panel.
    If I use the "Find Modules" function, my PSTN line is found but then it is reporting a "Media Loss" message.
    The land line is working absolutely fine.

Any idea of what could be the reason for this?

Thank you very much in advance,
    Marius
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Do you have a GSMmodule installed.
    Has your phone number changed. if yes then you will need to change the number in the VM account option and make sure the Two-Way Audio option for the VM account is Enabled.

Have you disconnected the phone line from the panel. If you did it may be that you inadvertently reconnected the lines the wrong way round. i.e. incoming is on the outgoing socket or scew terminals etc.
    The incoming line needs to be on terminals 3 and 4 or if you have sockets then its the socket near the edge of the PTSN module.
    Or the PTSN module may need reseating in its socket.

Also it is worth checking the Incoming calls option in the programming menu.
    What is the telecontrol/vocal message time out. You may need to increase this.
    From the Programming menu, select Communications, Comm. Options,
    Incoming Call . Then Select Enabled just to make sure.
    It might also be worth checking the Two way audio feature (TWA).
    Oh almost forgot the line monitor option might be worth checking.

If you need the install manual then go here
    Last edited by toscal; 15 September 2010, 03:24 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• marius_sirbu
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2010

Hello again and thank you very much for your answer.
      (By the way, I was hoping for YOU to answer, as I have noticed from the posts that you seem to have a very solid knowledge about this kit)

I have never disconnected the phone line from the panel. In fact, I have not opened the panel at all...
      I have also checked the Programming menu and the option "Two way audio" is enabled.
      I have provided my mobile number under all three accounts.

The alarm does not have a GSM module. As I said in the initial post, it is using the landline as an extension (the land line is connected to the PSTN module of the alarm)

Regarding your last advice <<It might also be worth checking the Two way audio feature (TWA).>>, I am not sure I understand what to do!
      Could you please explain it in more detail?

Thanks for the link to the manual, I do have it.

Comment

• katman
        • Jan 2004

If it uses an analogue modem to connect you may well find that Talk Talk is the problem. they carry their calls by VOIP and analogue modems will not work over it. this comes up frequently on the Tivo forum where people find that the daily call fails after switching to Talk Talk.
        KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
        http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by marius_sirbu View Post

Regarding your last advice <<It might also be worth checking the Two way audio feature (TWA).>>, I am not sure I understand what to do!
          Could you please explain it in more detail?

Thanks for the link to the manual, I do have it.
          Have a look on page 72 of the installers manual. This explains the basic concept. Try changing the settings.

Katman has a point.

Also does the alarm call out when it is triggered.
          IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
          X