Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast

Thread: xAP Flash nee Joggler beta 5

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by EJJ View Post
    Hi Kevin

I've PM'd you as well - can you let me have the latest revision, please.....ta!
    Hi EJJ,

i last spoke to Kevin late August and he explained its not packaged correctly to install for new users so was looking at repackaging and releasing soon.
    lets hope he still has interest in the project

thanks

Andrew

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for that Andrew....I also hope he's keen on publishing it soon...looks really cool....

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks for that Andrew....I also hope he's keen on publishing it soon...looks really cool....
    Yes i agree, got 2 jogglers sitting around at home running various linux builds and wanted to try something different, ideal for a Home automation setup
    have you got the HAL kit?

Automated Home Jr Member

Same here - 2 Jogglers. Did a bit of hacking last year but got sidetracked with HAH hubs and CurrentCost/Pachube then came back to the Joggler from there.... want to have real time graphs of my PV generation and house consumption on the Joggler... one can but hope!

Automated Home Lurker

Same here - 2 Jogglers. Did a bit of hacking last year but got sidetracked with HAH hubs and CurrentCost/Pachube then came back to the Joggler from there.... want to have real time graphs of my PV generation and house consumption on the Joggler... one can but hope!

sorry HAH not HAL

CurrentCost & Pachube looks interesting

Automated Home Jr Member

Yes - the beauty about the HAH is 'it just works' - do the hacking, get the HAH loaded and you've got a fully functional CC/P poster on-line and viewable over t'interweb..... now I want more - I want many feeds collated onto one graph - I want real-time on-screen displays - I want - I want..... oh! life's too short to learn another bloody techy language - I want someone to do it....now!!!

Phew - rant over..... back to trawling t'interweb for advice!!!

Automated Home Jr Member

If you're interested - take a look at my realtime feed at

https://pachube.com/feeds/37125

I'm monitoring House Use, Generation (from my PV array) and my Solar Boiler.... a little unit to divert excess power to the immersion heater (which I'm hoping to make commercially available, soon).

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Just want to get it going with HAH

Hi Kevin

Have PM'd - just want either 5 or 6 to get my joggler working with HAH

Thanks

Well the HAH (LiveBox) people have been hard at work and added full xAP support for JeeNodes. There is also a port of iServer onto both the HAH and Joggler itself. The Joggler is a great interface to HAH and I still get a lot of requests for the last xAPFlash beta 5 so here's what I'll do...

I will repost beta 5 for anyone to download BUT due to a rather fading familiarity with that version and time constraints I am not intending to support this myself and instead looking to the existing users to support each other. There are about 25 beta users, plus 50 or so more pending ... so plenty I hope. Of course if there's something that only I can answer then I'll do my best....

New users will need to read through the this thread and understand how things evolved during the half dozen releases that there were, particularly XML changes. Also bear in mind that some 'teaser' screenshots and features relate to the unreleased beta 6.

At this point in time I do not intend to release beta 6 as it has lots of XML changes, is signficantly more complex and requires more familiarity with Flash SWF files etc. However if the existing user based support does work well I'll revisit this.

I'll need to touch base with Brett (HAH) to sort out providing the Joggler based iServer and also repackage the last beta 5 . Current users shouldn't upgrade as there are no changes. I'll post here when it's available.

Kevin

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks Kevin