X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pete_c
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2011

Nice to meet you there Kevin (on the forum). Historically I passed by at LHR working mostly in Europe but did stay in London for a couple of weeks a couple of years ago. My company set me up with an apartment and I walked to work every day. I enjoyed the short walk. The offices stretched a block or so across the street from Paddington Station in London.

The Chumby 8" screen resolution is 600X800.

I've left the base OS intact and have Python installed on it now to remote some of the HW functions (like dimming). It's utilizing an ARM processor at 800Mhz so not quite as fast as the Joggler; but it does well with whatever flash I've run on it. The nice piece is that is has a nice tabletop look to it and the sound is good for such a small device. I have multiple 3.5" and 8" devices. The 3.5" has only a 500Mhz Arm processsor but it does well. So far playing with two HA applications on it. One is a custom screen builder for XPL in which a LAMP server is configured with PHP; it does well. The other is a cutom flash just polling the web interface of the HA server. It also does descent. Both of these I configure with an XML file on either the LAMP server or the HA server. The base HA server is running a few XAP applications and an XAP hub. It interacts with Zonminder's (12 video feeds) ZMXAP application for security "stuff"; ie: trigger events and recordings.
    - Pete C
    HW-HAI OPII - X10,UPB,Z-Wave,Russound,1-Wire(X4 networks) OmniTouch screens, Intel & Arm Touchscreens (Android, Wintel & Linux)and OmniStat2
    SW-HSPro - Atom D525/4Gb -W2003SP2 X86 - 18 serial ports via USB (Digi Edgeports & Digi Hub)
    Weather Cumulus - Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue

Comment

• pete_c
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2011

Kevin,

I recently got a Joggler to play with. I'm very impressed with the device and all of the documentation related to modifications on it. I am currently running the customized Joggler Ubuntu 11.04 OS on it.

Would it be possible that I get a copy of your Joggler based HA application to give it a run on the Joggler to utilize the XAP/XPL traffic running on my network?
      - Pete C
      HW-HAI OPII - X10,UPB,Z-Wave,Russound,1-Wire(X4 networks) OmniTouch screens, Intel & Arm Touchscreens (Android, Wintel & Linux)and OmniStat2
      SW-HSPro - Atom D525/4Gb -W2003SP2 X86 - 18 serial ports via USB (Digi Edgeports & Digi Hub)
      Weather Cumulus - Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue

Comment

• g7pkf
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jul 2011

me too?

Originally posted by pete_c View Post
        Kevin,

I recently got a Joggler to play with. I'm very impressed with the device and all of the documentation related to modifications on it. I am currently running the customized Joggler Ubuntu 11.04 OS on it.

Would it be possible that I get a copy of your Joggler based HA application to give it a run on the Joggler to utilize the XAP/XPL traffic running on my network?

can i have a copy of the latest beta5 for my hah?

Comment

• AndrewJames
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Aug 2011

Hi Kevin

just to say im interested in the BETA for this too
          would love to give it a go on my joggler

thanks

Comment

• EJJ
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Oct 2010

Me too please

Hi Kevin

I've PM'd you as well - can you let me have the latest revision, please.....ta!

Comment

• AndrewJames
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by EJJ View Post
              Hi Kevin

I've PM'd you as well - can you let me have the latest revision, please.....ta!
              Hi EJJ,

i last spoke to Kevin late August and he explained its not packaged correctly to install for new users so was looking at repackaging and releasing soon.
              lets hope he still has interest in the project

thanks

Andrew

Comment

• EJJ
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Oct 2010

Thanks for that Andrew....I also hope he's keen on publishing it soon...looks really cool....

Comment

• AndrewJames
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Aug 2011

Thanks for that Andrew....I also hope he's keen on publishing it soon...looks really cool....
                  Yes i agree, got 2 jogglers sitting around at home running various linux builds and wanted to try something different, ideal for a Home automation setup
                  have you got the HAL kit?

Comment

• EJJ
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Oct 2010

Same here - 2 Jogglers. Did a bit of hacking last year but got sidetracked with HAH hubs and CurrentCost/Pachube then came back to the Joggler from there.... want to have real time graphs of my PV generation and house consumption on the Joggler... one can but hope!

Comment

• AndrewJames
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Aug 2011

Same here - 2 Jogglers. Did a bit of hacking last year but got sidetracked with HAH hubs and CurrentCost/Pachube then came back to the Joggler from there.... want to have real time graphs of my PV generation and house consumption on the Joggler... one can but hope!

sorry HAH not HAL

CurrentCost & Pachube looks interesting

Comment

• EJJ
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Oct 2010

Yes - the beauty about the HAH is 'it just works' - do the hacking, get the HAH loaded and you've got a fully functional CC/P poster on-line and viewable over t'interweb..... now I want more - I want many feeds collated onto one graph - I want real-time on-screen displays - I want - I want..... oh! life's too short to learn another bloody techy language - I want someone to do it....now!!!

Phew - rant over..... back to trawling t'interweb for advice!!!

Comment

• EJJ
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2010

If you're interested - take a look at my realtime feed at

I'm monitoring House Use, Generation (from my PV array) and my Solar Boiler.... a little unit to divert excess power to the immersion heater (which I'm hoping to make commercially available, soon).

Comment

• Alanmh
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Dec 2005

Just want to get it going with HAH

Hi Kevin

Have PM'd - just want either 5 or 6 to get my joggler working with HAH

Thanks

Comment

• Kevin
                              • Jan 2004

Well the HAH (LiveBox) people have been hard at work and added full xAP support for JeeNodes. There is also a port of iServer onto both the HAH and Joggler itself. The Joggler is a great interface to HAH and I still get a lot of requests for the last xAPFlash beta 5 so here's what I'll do...

I will repost beta 5 for anyone to download BUT due to a rather fading familiarity with that version and time constraints I am not intending to support this myself and instead looking to the existing users to support each other. There are about 25 beta users, plus 50 or so more pending ... so plenty I hope. Of course if there's something that only I can answer then I'll do my best....

New users will need to read through the this thread and understand how things evolved during the half dozen releases that there were, particularly XML changes. Also bear in mind that some 'teaser' screenshots and features relate to the unreleased beta 6.

At this point in time I do not intend to release beta 6 as it has lots of XML changes, is signficantly more complex and requires more familiarity with Flash SWF files etc. However if the existing user based support does work well I'll revisit this.

I'll need to touch base with Brett (HAH) to sort out providing the Joggler based iServer and also repackage the last beta 5 . Current users shouldn't upgrade as there are no changes. I'll post here when it's available.

Kevin

Comment

• AndrewJames
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Aug 2011

Thanks Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X