Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: xAP Flash nee Joggler beta 5

Just a quick note to say I am seeing "Invalid messages" and "Listener errors" in xFx viewer now.

This happens when only Build 257 HAH iServer is running, ie it does not require the original iServer to be running as well for the failure to occur

It may or may not be significant but the errors occur on a screen with 16 BSC endpoints and associated text items but not on a similar screen with only 4 BSC endpoints

kevinT

Quote Originally Posted by kev_t View Post
    This happens when only Build 257 HAH iServer is running, ie it does not require the original iServer to be running as well for the failure to occur
    Yes - there is no error created by having both iServers running - it's just that the HAH iServer can cause the Windows iServer to crash - (upgrade to the latest b12a version to avoid this).

The error is within the HAH version of iServer , and I think happens when it has a few successive messages to pass from xAPFlash - it seems to truncate some, possibly when they traverse a TCP boundary. Seeing more errors when xAPFlash sends larger volumes of traffic is inkeeping with what you're seeing.

There isn't a problem with xAPFlash or iServer Windows and I'm sure Brett will fix iServer HAH real soon. It's Thanksgiving holidays in the US , and this was his very first release so overall I think its pretty good.

K

An upate on the HAH iServer problem...

Brett has been working on this and I have now been running build 260 with iServer some 12 hours overnight with the same two xAPFlash screens that had previously been causing problems, and I am not seeing any errors.

So definite progress there, and a very quick response to the error reports

I am running xAPFlash b5f, is this the latest version?

KevinT
    Last edited by Kevin; 2nd December 2010 at 05:47 PM.

beta 5f is the latest version ( I missed updating the version number reporting in the xAP messages so it still shows 5e) . There might be one further beta 5 release , not sure yet.

beta 6 is just around the corner and requires some XML changes so it's probably better to try and get everyone using that. beta 6 is more adventurous than beta 5 however and has quite a few features 'in progress'.

Brett has now release version 264 of HAH / iServer - and it's all looking pretty good now - I recommend that all iServer users update to that.

K

Automated Home Lurker

Default Just wanted to say hi

Finally got my account sorted to I can post to this forum too. Yes the iServer on the HAH has stabilized at release 272 and I believe the last of the killer bugs has been fixed. We even tried running it native on the joggler and that is also working, however for now it will remain only on the HAH until no more problems are reported. When I'm happy with its stability I'll make a joggler binary available with some installation instructions.

Brett
    Last edited by dbzoo; 5th December 2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Automated Home Sr Member SiliconPixel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbzoo View Post
    Finally got my account sorted to I can post to this forum too. Yes the iServer on the HAH has stabilized at release 272 and I believe the last of the killer bugs has been fixed. We even tried running it native on the joggler and that is also working, however for now it will remain only on the HAH until no more problems are reported. When I'm happy with its stability I'll make a joggler binary available with some installation instructions.

Brett
    Great work Brett - looking forward to the Joggler iServer version.

One question for you or Kevin - if I'm also running PC flash versions of xAPFlash, can that connect to the joggler too - or would I still run iServer on my HA PC? No great problem if so - i've been running iServer on that PC for many months with no problems.

Multiple clients can connect to one iServer (on the HAH or Joggler) so you can do away with the PC iServer. However it's probably sensible for every Joggler you have to run it's own iServer as then they are autonomous.

The HAH and Joggler iServer build fully supports type 'log' clients eg xAP Flash. If you have other client types then you would still need to retain the Windows iServer for those.

The embedded iServer does not support inbuilt profiles so does not support xServer clients eg xRouter. You are also using iViewer clients Paul aren't you so you would still require iServer Windows for those.

For xAPFlash it's a really neat solution removing the need for a Windows PC to be on 24/7 and allowing the Jogglers to interact with your xAP network directly. If your Joggler is using WiFi and the signal path is poor you could use an iServer elsewhere that is on a wired connection , perhaps another Joggler.

K

Thanks Kevin,

not used iViewer in a while - so that's prob not an issue.

Is iServer on the Joggler a completely separate app? (just thinking about what happens if the joggler flash app crashes or the joggler reboots).

Thanks,

Paul.

It's a separate application and can be installed to run at boot so it's always available. xAPFlash clients also handle disconnects/reconnects automatically, and this is further streamlined in beta 6.

It has to be separated this way because Flash doesn't support UDP.

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 5th December 2010 at 12:07 PM.

thanks Kevin.