Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: xAP Flash nee Joggler beta 5

Sorry was out tonight .. I'll take a look at this tomorrow guys - what I suspect is happening is that xAP Flash is not registering the textBox xAP endpoints (filters) with iServer. Can one of you confirm that ?

If so I'll get that fixed although FTTB you could also manually register the filter against the ACL Joggler profile inside iServer.

KT - what did you mean by ' it seems * is not permitted ' ?

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 23rd September 2010 at 12:22 AM.

one of the textbox UIDs was *. Even with the button configured with a UID the text box did not update

KevinT

I can confirm that Iserver does not register the endpoint unless the button is present

KevinT

Quote Originally Posted by BodgeIT View Post
    Ha, I wondered how you guys were doing such good screen dumps!

OK so not firmware but then what?, the default button text is verdana!
    Yes it was requested to change the default button text (from Times New Roman) to this - you'll have to live with it or as I explained previoulsy use a text box instead. The Joggler has very limited inbuilt fonts - and the recommended screen font is Verdana

Also I'm just not able to get any BSC text info coming in to my text boxes? Buttons work and display the info from the same xAP endpoints.
    If you have buttons correctly displaying messages from the same endpoint and at the same time as a textbox is failing to display it, then this is not the iServer filter registration issue I thought it was - and I would be surprised if KT's fix worked for you. Can you clarify...

I'm not seeing any xAP request messages from the text boxes to the respective xAP endpoints?
    textboxes or buttons never originate xAP messages and the Joggler main app itself (or PC) doesn't either unless the xAP device did not respond to the initial xAPBSC.query which was originated from iServer. Only repeat xapbsc.query messages are sent from the main Joggler and then only with a source address of the main application address - not an endpoint (textbox or button).

What's kind of strange is that xAP messages for the Controller are still showing in my xAP viewer, are these a residual piece of code somewhere?
    Can you just explain further what you mean here....

K

Quote Originally Posted by kev_t View Post
    one of the textbox UIDs was *. Even with the button configured with a UID the text box did not update

KevinT
    Ahh - I see what you mean. xAP Flash recognises incoming messages by the UID , but (although discouraged) you can set the UID to * and then it will recognise based on source address. However if the filter wasn't being registered with iServer in the first place (at logon) then these messages would never be passed from iServer in the first palce and so wouldn't update xAP Flash at all.

Just to clarify it is not possible to register wildcarded source addresses or UID's with iServer and if your devices do change UID but use the same source address it maybe that iServer won't pass them as it will have multiple matches within the 'knownxAP.text' file and I don't think it will check that. It maybe that it is passing the most recently heard one or the specific UID however. xAP devices should have persistent UID's down to the sub address level i.e. they don't change each time the application is started or as endpoints come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by kev_t View Post
    I can confirm that Iserver does not register the endpoint unless the button is present

KevinT
    Great - that's useful - I'll get it fixed tomorrow ..
    Last edited by Kevin; 23rd September 2010 at 12:38 AM.

I made a number of changes to Bodgits config. I think that we should wait to see what results he gets from trying out the xapconfig file i posted?

KevinT

Automated Home Sr Member BodgeIT's Avatar

Hi Kev,
    Tried your changes and got the BSC info in the text boxes to work when a corresponding button was on the page. The text in the text box is still not the same as the default font of the buttons. Picture attached.

Yes it was requested to change the default button text (from Times New Roman) to this - you'll have to live with it or as I explained previoulsy use a text box instead. The Joggler has very limited inbuilt fonts - and the recommended screen font is Verdana
    Not sure you understood. I like the new font, it just isn't being applied to the text box element, nor can I change the font in the text box. Not even if I use HTML. The font appearing my text boxes looks more like Courier New or Bookman Old Style.
    If you have buttons correctly displaying messages from the same endpoint and at the same time as a textbox is failing to display it, then this is not the iServer filter registration issue I thought it was - and I would be surprised if KT's fix worked for you. Can you clarify...
    I had never thought to have TB & button active at the same time. KT's fix worked.
    textboxes or buttons never originate xAP messages and the Joggler main app itself (or PC) doesn't either unless the xAP device did not respond to the initial xAPBSC.query which was originated from iServer. Only repeat xapbsc.query messages are sent from the main Joggler and then only with a source address of the main application address - not an endpoint (textbox or button).
    OK, I was not seeing any xAPBSC.query messages relating to the xAP endpoint for which info was missing. I WAS seeing query messages relating to xAP endpoints that were showing info on my active Page:
    xap-header
    {
    v=13
    hop=1
    uid=FF.0738:0000
    class=xAPBSC.query
    source=UKUSA.xAPFlash.ahscs5
    target=dbzoo.livebox.CurrentCost:temp
    }
    request
    {
    }

Can you just explain further what you mean here....
    Red herring, forget I mentioned it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BodgeIT; 23rd September 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Automated Home Sr Member BodgeIT's Avatar

Kevin,
    I'd also like to point out an issue with buttons set with the <mode>toggle</mode> and that also contain <xapon><xapoff> elements. These are not functioning in beta5b.

My beta4 config had some controls setup as "toggle" with <xapon><xapoff>elements, these worked without issue. During the migration I changed all my "toggle" buttons to "control" (and removed the <xapon><xapoff>)..These work without issue in beta5b.

I have since created a couple of controls that have to use "toggle" mode which haven't worked, I thought it may have been my config, so I tested with an updated entry(that did work) from my beta4 config and this button no longer works in beta5b.

** Update *
    More accurately the button does display the correct status of the xap endpoint that it controls, even when this condition is updated by pressing the corresponding button(set with "control").
    However the button does not send the controling xAP message for <xapon> or <xapoff>

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BodgeIT; 23rd September 2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: clarity

Hi Kev,
    Tried your changes and got the BSC info in the text boxes to work when a corresponding button was on the page. The text in the text box is still not the same as the default font of the buttons. Picture attached.

Not sure you understood. I like the new font, it just isn't being applied to the text box element, nor can I change the font in the text box. Not even if I use HTML. The font appearing my text boxes looks more like Courier New or Bookman Old Style.
    Ahh sorry - I see now... Are you sure you dont like that font ? Not sure where it's coming from and why it isn't Verdana. Buttons will display correctly as they are movieclips. I'll have a read about font embedding and I obvioulsy need to test on a Joggler as well as browser.

I had never thought to have TB & button active at the same time. KT's fix worked.
    Great - I know what the issue is and I'll get a fix out shortly...

K

Kevin,
    I'd also like to point out an issue with buttons set with the <mode>toggle</mode> and that also contain <xapon><xapoff>elements. These are not functioning in beta5b.
    I'll take a look.. just checking... are you using the <xAP><on> and <xAP><off> tags now and do they not send the xAP messages at all or does the button simply not toggle state ?
    - you just updated your post with this info so I'll delve further.

I had thought that toggle was never supported - given that the state of the button wasn't being set by BSC I thought I manually set it even when using control and used that to select between the older/deprecated <xapon> and <xapoff> messages - or the newer <xAP><on> and <xAP><off>. What's the behaviour you wanted from <mode>toggle</mode> that <mode>control</mode> isn't offering ?

BTW You can take a Joggler screenshot via Telnet/SSH as follows (thanks Andy)...

xwd -display :0.0 >myfile.xwd then tap the screen

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 23rd September 2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: updated info