X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BodgeIT View Post
    Hmm, yeah I remembered that after my last issue...have now disabled all the overrides in the config.xml. I'll keep picking it apart...
    Do keep a copy of the original (problematic) files as we would like to prevent any application hangs at startup. If you manage to isolate it to a particular element then let us know too.

If you don't make progress email me the files as Flash has some console debug messages that can help. Flash will basically abort running a subroutine if it encounters an error eg a missing parameter or element but it continues running the application - which is usually what is happening when you see a blank screen.

K

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Individual textbox element font attributes are not being recovered in the pre5e build , although all their defaults are. I will post an update shortly.

.... anyone found anything else I should correct ?

K

UPDATE - fix posted - pre beta 5f version - this will become the official beta 5 version early this week... unless you manage to find anything so please give it a good thrashing .

Changes:

Text box attributes now load correctly
      <alignment> tag inconsistency - tag is now named <align> throughout.
      minor bug fixes and enhancements

Gary did you get your Joggler load working ?
      Last edited by Kevin; 3 October 2010, 03:43 PM. Reason: UPDATE - build now posted

Comment

• BodgeIT
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Jul 2010

Thanks Kevin...just don't know how you're fitting this all in!!!
        Can hardly keep up...

Have upgraded and reboot and still no go. TBH I haven't made enough time this weekend to go through my configs.

Will create a little time tomorrow after printing out the xml list and my config...will get a better visual.

Thanks for all your tireless efforts, you guys are producing something brilliant.
        Unfortunately I think it's affecting the value of Jogglers on ebay as most of them are now going for about £70! Perhaps you could hold off from new features for a bit until prices subside?

Comment

• BodgeIT
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          Flash will basically abort running a subroutine if it encounters an error eg a missing parameter or element but it continues running the application - which is usually what is happening when you see a blank screen.
          Have had a quick look for "missing" and none apparent. Will give some more time to it before you sending you files. Want to make sure I'm not off-loading my mistakes ;-)

Comment

• Kevin
            • Jan 2004

Seeing if there's a runtime error in the IDE takes very little time - fixing it might take longer though...;-)

K

Comment

• Kevin
              • Jan 2004

It's gone very quiet ....is all good in this pre beta 5f then - no one got any issues to report ?
              (I think Gary's file is loading now)

If so, although we've made a few changes, I'll get it released to everyone as beta 5 .

K

PS I do want to clarify that this application only interfaces with your home automation via xAP . You will need to have some xAP enabled devices on your network to control or monitor. There are many ways to achieve this and most of the leading Home Automation applications also have xAP inbuilt or plugins available so if you're using one you're likely already OK. If you have X10 there's a free xAP (BSC) conduit too. There are some xAP applications that present internet sourced data eg weather, TV listings etc available if you have no hardware - I need to think of one to suggest that is easy to start using with xAP Flash ( i.e. uses BSC), any suggestions anyone ?

See the main xAP Flash thread for some more info on xAP
              Last edited by Kevin; 8 October 2010, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• kev_t
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Jun 2004

Kevin

I have not had much time to play with this latest release, but it looks pretty good so far

Thanks

KevinT

Comment

• BodgeIT
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Jul 2010

Apologies Kevin, I've also had major distractions this week.

I'm noticing a couple of things:
                  1. Time is being shown in buttons even though set to false in layout at xapconfig level. Nothing set in config.xml, nothing set in buttons.
                  2. System still seems to loose status of devices i.e. not turning out light after pressing when on. We have discussed this before and is more than likely more to do with HAH but seems to be fixed by restarting iServer. I will do some more work on this and come up with something more concrete.

Other than the upper lower case <style> tag issue I had at the beginning, everything else seems to work well...

Oh, have you made any change to the screen saver functionality? I've noticed a couple of times that the device goes into a sudo sleep, like a black screen but I can still see backlight effects, normaly it goes dead black?

Comment

• Kevin
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BodgeIT View Post
                    1. Time is being shown in buttons even though set to false in layout at xapconfig level. Nothing set in config.xml, nothing set in buttons.
                    We've caught that one I think - I only noticed that button level time stamps couldn't be turned off .. so I'll check it works at the xapconfig.xml level too.

2. System still seems to loose status of devices i.e. not turning out light after pressing when on. We have discussed this before and is more than likely more to do with HAH but seems to be fixed by restarting iServer. I will do some more work on this and come up with something more concrete.
                    I have not seen this issue at all so it might well be device specific. These are on/off commands are they (not toggle or dimmers/sliders) ? The best way to check is by watching the xAP message exchange using xFX Viewer. If the correct xapbsc.cmd is sent and if HAH does respond correctly with a xapbsc.event then it could be a xAPFlash issue. Let me know what you find and if problematic copy me those messages too.

You are using the latest iServer aren't you ? - as supplied with pre beta 5. (0.1.0.11 in startup screen)

Other than the upper lower case <style> tag issue I had at the beginning, everything else seems to work well...
                    The style names were case sensitive but are no longer from beta5f onwards. Filenames within <style> tags are still case sensitive as are XML tag names throughout. Non existant styles no longer hang the startup process but a missing background image file could still do.

Oh, have you made any change to the screen saver functionality? I've noticed a couple of times that the device goes into a sudo sleep, like a black screen but I can still see backlight effects, normaly it goes dead black?
                    Only those screensaver and screen brightness options that are documented - <startupscreenbrightnesslevel> <pausescreensaver> - these should be restored on exit IIRC too. Do you use these tags ? It sounds like screenbrightness might be getting set very low -- does it come back with a touch ?

K
                    Last edited by Kevin; 9 October 2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• SiliconPixel
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • May 2007

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to beta 5 from a fairly old version and first of all wanted to say a really well deserved well done - it's a really excellent app

I'm just getting to grips with all the changes - sliders are nice.

One query so far:

As K will know, I have CB and HV linked via K's gateway. When I use the slider and it slides down to zero, it turns the light off, so even if you slide the slider up again, it stays off. This can happen accidentally and then means you have to exit the slider and turn the light back on again.

Is this by design or a quirk of my setup?

I've not read through all the previous posts here, so appologies if I've missed this.

Thanks,

Paul.

Comment

• SiliconPixel
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • May 2007

Another Q - I've got two versions of the tags XLS - "XML Tags beta 5-02" and "XML Tags-03"

I presume 03 (from the post here) is the latest rather than the one supplied in preBeta5.zip?

Thanks.

Comment

• Kevin
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SiliconPixel View Post
                          Another Q - I've got two versions of the tags XLS - "XML Tags beta 5-02" and "XML Tags-03"

I presume 03 (from the post here) is the latest rather than the one supplied in preBeta5.zip?

Thanks.
                          Yes the 'updated' link I provided is the later (version 3) . I dropped the beta 5 bit because it wont be specific to a release.

K

Comment

• Kevin
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SiliconPixel View Post
                            As K will know, I have CB and HV linked via K's gateway. When I use the slider and it slides down to zero, it turns the light off, so even if you slide the slider up again, it stays off. This can happen accidentally and then means you have to exit the slider and turn the light back on again.

Is this by design or a quirk of my setup?

I've not read through all the previous posts here, so appologies if I've missed this.
                            It depends on how you have the C-Bus gateway configured to report when level is 0 (this is set via the HV config variables). If you have it so that when level is 0 then state is reported as OFF then the above will be what happens ... but it allows you to preset dim levels.

IIRC you requested this behaviour because at night you were not turning lights off but just dimming them gradually down to nil and hence xAP wise they remained on (retaining 0 as their memory level) and this caused some other issue for you. I think it was that when next switched ON it was bringing them back on at 0 rather than at the level before the ramp down started. This was because in the morning you weren't ramping up or setting to a specific level but just issuing ON commands.

Didn't we also add <mode>lcontrol</mode> as a specific feature into xAP Flash to address this for you ? lcontrol forces a state=on to be sent when level>0. Unfortunately there are currently* no combinational modes available eg <mode>slider</mode> + <mode>lcontrol</mode>

There's a description of why this happens here... I have my C-Bus gateway differently - ie to stay 'on' at 0 brightness and so the slider doesn't turn them off.

K

* The <modes> are actually already coded in a way that supports combinational tags - which is why we introduced <mode>function</mode> for ones that definitely were mutually exclusive. However we currently do not recover multiple <mode> tags within one section - it only picks up the first. Maybe in a future release.
                            Last edited by Kevin; 10 October 2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• SiliconPixel
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • May 2007

Thanks Kevin,

Yes, that makes sense - I'll re-explore and see if I can do what you're doing - and weigh up each approach.

Many thanks.

Comment

• SiliconPixel
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • May 2007

BTW - is that HV variable documented somewhere - I'll go have a read...

Comment

Working...
                                X