Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: xAP Flash nee Joggler beta 5

I have posted pre beta 5e - Assuming there is no adverse feedback this will be the last prerelease version and we shall then move to a general release of beta 5 to all those who are interested.

Martyn has worked really hard on this version and there has been a lot of changes to the way in which we recover tags from the XML. Inparticular all the defaults are now implemented for all relevent element tags - so if you omit tags, or leave them blank then they will pickup a default value. (See next post)

If your screen layouts change after installing this update then please carefully consider the default values and if you still feel that something is not displaying as expected then post and let us know. We'll need the config.xml and xapconfig.xml file too along with a description of what you feel is wrong.

Changes in pre beta 5e

XML tag recovery internals changed

Defaults for all elements now implemented in all sections

Pressing xAP button will now list missing xAP BSC devices (early implementation).

xAP button should now be defined using the 'function' mode, note the capitalisation of the <Function> tag name. The previous <mode>text</mode> NAME="xAP" still works but will be deprecated in the next beta (beta 5).
    <mode>function</mode>
    <Function>
    <type>xAP</type>
    </Function>
    The 'config' screen has been renamed 'layout' as this is more appropriate. It is also now defined using a function mode. The older <mode>config</config> still works but will be deprecated in beta 5.
    <mode>function</mode>
    <Function>
    <type>layout</type>
    </Function>
    In the layout screen (was config) overlapping markers now display a circle marker which cascades the hidden underlying markers when clicked.

K

Automated Home Sr Member BodgeIT's Avatar

Great Job Kevin and thanks for all your hard work. Time for a sit down, but before you do that, can I get my grubby paws on the excel xml sheet?

** Edit **
    Just installed, made changes as reported and xAPFlash boots up blank on Joggler, fine on Chrome. Will take a little time to go through overrides.
    Last edited by BodgeIT; 2nd October 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Default Default Element Values

There are various defaults implemented for element tag values that are used if the tags are absent or left blank. Here is the order in which they will be applied with the highest priority (1) at the top.

1) A tag within the element itself
    2) A tag within the elements <page><defaults>
    3) The <override><layout> section within xapconfig.xml
    4) The <layout> section within xapconfig.xml
    5) The <layout> section within config.xml
    6) Inbuilt defaults.

You don't (shouldn't) need to include defaults at any levels that you aren't wishing to use.. for example you could omit 1-3 and 5 and use the defaults from the <layout> section within xapconfig.xml

Here's the start of a list...
    Defaults are configurable for the following elements, there are few more more - I'm sure Martyn will update me and then I'll update this post too, I'll also add the inbuilt defaults in brackets

textbox
    width (92)
    height (92)
    fontsize (14)
    fontcolour (0xFFFFFF white)
    font (Verdana)
    align (left)
    alpha (1.0)
    button
    style (black)
    width (92)
    height (92)
    alpha (1.0)
    bsctext (within buttons)
    font* (currently fixed - Verdana)
    fontsize (14)
    fontcolour 0xFFFFCC (pale yellow - may be changed to white)
    alpha (1.0)
    label
    fontsize (14)
    fontcolour (0xFFFFFF white)
    offset (0)
    alpha (1.0)
    time (time stamps)
    fontsize (14)
    fontcolour (0xFFFFCC pale yellow - may be changed to white)
    show (true)
    alpha(1.0)
    *Note the font within time stamps, labels and bsctext boxes is fixed as Verdana. You can of course replace button name labels and bsctext overlays with your own text boxes for which you can sue any font so that shouldn't be an issue.

There are also some non configurable layout related defaults that can only be overidden within individual elements.... and most numeric tags , absent or blank will default to 0.
    e.g

visible (true)
    posX (0)
    posY (0)
    gridX (0)
    gridY (0)

A relative +/- pixel nudge can be applied to grid placed elements if both tags are present and posX or posY are signed . However if posX/posY is present and unsigned then gridX/gridY respectively will be ignored as pos takes precedence over grid.

and some layout defaults

gridXmax (6)
    gridYmax (6)
    marginleft (150
    marginright (15)
    margintop (15)
    marginbottom (15)
    screenwidth (800)
    screenheight (410)

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 3rd October 2010 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BodgeIT View Post
    Great Job Kevin and thanks for all your hard work. Time for a sit down, but before you do that, can I get my grubby paws on the excel xml sheet?

** Edit **
    Just installed, made changes as reported and xAPFlash boots up blank on Joggler, fine on Chrome. Will take a little time to go through overrides.
    The latest tag spreadsheet version can be downloaded here
    http://www.ukusa.demon.co.uk/XMLTags-03.xls

If you don't sort your Joggler load issue then let me know (providing the two config files) - remember you have to reboot Jogglers for application update (not data) files to be recognised. If it loads in a browser it should load on the Joggler.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    remember you have to reboot Jogglers
    Hmm, yeah I remembered that after my last issue...have now disabled all the overrides in the config.xml. I'll keep picking it apart...
    Last edited by BodgeIT; 2nd October 2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by BodgeIT View Post
    Hmm, yeah I remembered that after my last issue...have now disabled all the overrides in the config.xml. I'll keep picking it apart...
    Do keep a copy of the original (problematic) files as we would like to prevent any application hangs at startup. If you manage to isolate it to a particular element then let us know too.

If you don't make progress email me the files as Flash has some console debug messages that can help. Flash will basically abort running a subroutine if it encounters an error eg a missing parameter or element but it continues running the application - which is usually what is happening when you see a blank screen.

K

Individual textbox element font attributes are not being recovered in the pre5e build , although all their defaults are. I will post an update shortly.

.... anyone found anything else I should correct ?

K

UPDATE - fix posted - pre beta 5f version - this will become the official beta 5 version early this week... unless you manage to find anything so please give it a good thrashing .

Changes:

Text box attributes now load correctly
    <alignment> tag inconsistency - tag is now named <align> throughout.
    minor bug fixes and enhancements

Gary did you get your Joggler load working ?
    Last edited by Kevin; 3rd October 2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: UPDATE - build now posted

Thanks Kevin...just don't know how you're fitting this all in!!!
    Can hardly keep up...

Have upgraded and reboot and still no go. TBH I haven't made enough time this weekend to go through my configs.

Will create a little time tomorrow after printing out the xml list and my config...will get a better visual.

Thanks for all your tireless efforts, you guys are producing something brilliant.
    Unfortunately I think it's affecting the value of Jogglers on ebay as most of them are now going for about 70! Perhaps you could hold off from new features for a bit until prices subside?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Flash will basically abort running a subroutine if it encounters an error eg a missing parameter or element but it continues running the application - which is usually what is happening when you see a blank screen.
    Have had a quick look for "missing" and none apparent. Will give some more time to it before you sending you files. Want to make sure I'm not off-loading my mistakes ;-)

Seeing if there's a runtime error in the IDE takes very little time - fixing it might take longer though...;-)

K