• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicb
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2009

IR Distribution Design

I'm looking for help to design an IR distribution system for home.

I have a one main cupboard with most AV equipment in (node 1) and then a further 2 cupboards (nodes 2 & 3) around the house each with AV equipment in. Each node has a standalone Xantech IR receiver, connecting block and emitters. And each works well. I also have an IRTrans USB connected receiver/emitter which I would like to include in the distribution, as I don't have it working well at the moment. All the nodes are connected back to node 0 with Cat5 where there is an Indigo based HA system.

What I would like to do is have all nodes send their signals back to node 0, where the IRTrans gets the signals and does some iRed2/Indigo scripted actions. Then the send the IR signals on to node 1 and their respective node.

Ideally I'd like to leverage the investment I already have in Xantech gear and extend it. But I don't know what I need...

Can anyone help, or point me to someone who can help? I'm willing to pay for the help, I just don't know where to look.

Thanks in advance,

Nic
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have you been on the Xantech website.
    If you have difficulty getting any of the bits let me know, my supplier might be able to get them.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X