• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nad
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jul 2008

Electric Curtain Track (FYI)

Hi all,

I bought an electric curtain track from these guys HC China Limited a little while back (I also bought a roller blind which i haven't got round to installing yet). I went for one from them because it was quite cheap for what I wanted, i could chop the rail up to the size i wanted and was willing to take a gamble, and I have to say it has paid off quite well!

Video

(It closes too but the curtains are too long and gets tangled on the radiator, I'm going to get my mum to shorten them ... or buy some made to measure ones )

Fitting was a bit fiddly at 1st but it soon makes sense and there are instructional videos and English manuals on their website if you get stuck.

The motor is a little bit on the noisy side peaking at 63db @ 1m (using a Radioshack DB meter) but the track operates very smoothly and quickly. My 2.5m rail takes a few seconds to open and close so i can live with the noise. It also comes with a wired controller and an IR controller too. All in all not a bad item for the price especially considering it looks pretty easy to wire it up for use with Idratek! Another nice feature i like is the fact that you can manually (i.e. yank it open and close - only if its in an open or closed position though, i don't think it likes it if you try to manually open/ close when it's stopped at a position other than fully open or fully closed).

I have no idea what the long term reliability is going to be like but I concluded, even if the motor breaks down, it will make a nice sturdy curtain track. I also think that it is possible to buy just the motor too and it's really easy to replace.

I just thought that I'd share my initial findings as i know there are a fair few people out there that are looking for electric curtains but like me have rather shallow wallets

I'm still going to have to fork out £500 odd quid for a bay window curtain track from silent gliss though

Thanks.
    Nad
Working...
X