• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martyn
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2010

X10 Power Flash

I need help using a power flash. I cannot get my dimmer modules to respond to an All Lights On command from the powerflash.

I have LW12 dimmer modules and these are all programmed and work well with my HR12U hand held controller.

I now want to use a SM10E Power flash unit to send an all lights on command. Thus all lights in my house are turned on in the event of an alarm.

I understand I must re-program the LW12 dimmer module to accept an ALL Lights On Command. So I flicked the momentary switch on the LW12|U to enter programming mode. I then pressed the test button twice on the power flash (the power flash is set to same house and unit code as dimmer) to hopefully send two All Light On commands to the dimmer.

However, I can only get the dimmer to respond when the house AND unit code are identical. It should respond only with the house code set, i.e. respond to an All Light On Command.

I have managed to get one dimmer to work with an All Lights Off Command (by pressing ther "All Units Off" button on the powerflash, but not to an All Ligths On Command.

Any help appreciated.

Martyn
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

You may want to try the programming again. Normally when I program any X10 modules I do them very close to each other. Normally most houses have a double gang socket or I use an extension lead which has three sockets on it. I also have a mains lead which I connect up to the module to be programmed and then have the controller plugged in next to the module. If this works then I know that the module works. If then when the module is in its final location it doesn't work. Then I know its not the module but something else.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X