Thread: Conrad / Housetech / FHT Security Concerns

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Conrad / Housetech / FHT Security Concerns

Hi all,

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but has anyone else here got a FHT central heating installation, and had the thought that there's no security on these devices?

For example, I can open up my FHEM server, and it will list any unrecognised devices, complete with their housecode and device codes, ready for me to connect to them and start monkeying around.

I know there's not huge damage you could do with these things, but with a boiler controller couldn't you theoretically wreck someone's central heating?

Anyone had any thoughts on this?

Russ

Automated Home Sr Member martynwendon's Avatar

Hi Russell,

If I remember correctly you have to pair the Thermostats with the controller and they will only pair with one controller (this is why a PC based controller and the FHZ1000 can't be used together).

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by russell_allen View Post
    Hi all,

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but has anyone else here got a FHT central heating installation, and had the thought that there's no security on these devices?

For example, I can open up my FHEM server, and it will list any unrecognised devices, complete with their housecode and device codes, ready for me to connect to them and start monkeying around.

I know there's not huge damage you could do with these things, but with a boiler controller couldn't you theoretically wreck someone's central heating?

Anyone had any thoughts on this?

Russ