• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Millne
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Nov 2007

Trouble Setting up IP Camera in Cortex

I've set up an old Linksys WVC200 on my network and have enabled mjpeg streaming. I can also successfully view the stream in VLC media player using the following URL

http://cameraiport/img/video.mjpeg

Cortex does not want to play ball however. The camera does have some .htaccess authentication and I have set up the correct username and password in Cortex.

Any suggestions?
    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Extracted from the component's supported IP camera list:

Linksys WVC54G & WVC200
    /img/mjpeg.cgi
    (MJPEG mode activated with SendIPCameraCommand ("/adm/file.cgi?h_videotype=mjpeg&todo=save")
    mms://x.x.x.x/img/video.asf
    (ASF mode activated with SendIPCameraCommand ("/adm/file.cgi?h_videotype=mpeg4&todo=save")

Comment

• Andrew Millne
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Nov 2007

Thanks Karam, I now have a feed but Cortex hangs as soon as I move the frame rate from 1fps.

Comment

• Andrew Millne
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Nov 2007

I'm still having lots of problems getting this set up in Cortex despite the fact I can view several different feed tpes in Firefox and VLC.

Whichever URL I enter as soon as I click "view video source" Cortex just hangs and I need to restart it. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Karam
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2005

If at some convenient time you can set up the camera to be accessed externally and let us know the necessary URLs then we can try to connect to it from our end where we might be able to better apply diagnostics.

Comment

Working...
          X