• Show
Clear All
  • gpulido
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2009

FHT and EHT systems compatibility?

Hello all,

Last year I bought one EHT Comfort200 thermostat from ELV:
    Smart Home ✓ Haustechnik ✓ Sicherheitstechnik ✓ elektronische Bauelemente ✓ und vieles mehr online bei elv.com kaufen.

I need a window contact with the external wire functionality. The EHT window contact hasn't that functionality.
    The FHT system has the FHT80TF-2 window contact with this function.
    I asked ELV for the compatibility and they answer me that both systems are not compatibles.
    However in this web http://www.lexpc.de/html/funk-thermo...omfort200.html both devices are showed together so I asked them for the compatibility and they claims that they are compatible.
    Unfortunately I live in spain and the cost of shipping the Klimalex stuff is so high that the shipping cost was the same cost as the FHT80TF-2 (25€ shipping cost).
    So I had searched for other distributor,Ii found that the conrad unit was more affordable so I bought this:

Now the problem is that I'm not abble to taught them in. I have read both manuals from conrad an Elv and try all combinations.
    Anybody has been abble to use this devices together as Klimalex says?
    Anybody knows how can I make this work?

Thank you all in advance
    Best regards
  • russell_allen
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2010

I don't suppose you've got a computer controller in there? The stuff ELV manufacture is.nothing if not confusing! My first thoughts would be to do it with FHEM, but as I say, that needs a computer interface.

Russ
    Russell's Home Automation Blog

Comment

• gpulido
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by russell_allen View Post
      I don't suppose you've got a computer controller in there? The stuff ELV manufacture is.nothing if not confusing! My first thoughts would be to do it with FHEM, but as I say, that needs a computer interface.

Russ
      Hi Russ,
      Thanks for the answer.
      The FHT system has thermostat and windows contacts to be linked with them and there is no need of a computer controller.

The same with the EHT (comfort) system, they have their own window contact to control the EHT thermostats without the computer.

My problem is that I want the EHT thermostats, and the function of the FHT window contact to use a secondary magnet (external) wired. This function is not available in the EHT system and I was thinking in doing some kind of modification to the window contact (ie solder a wire to the magnet relay), when I found the Klimalex web when they affirm that the EHT thermostat and the FHT window contact can be taugh in together.
      As I said before, the shipping cost of the Window contact alone from Klimalex is very high, so i bouth one from conrad (they aparently are the same product) but I'm not able to taught them together.
      As klimalex doesn't publish their manuals (as conrad do) I can't check if there are some special step that I should do to make it work.
      I need three more pairs of thermostats / window contact, but I want to check that they work before spend more money (about 200€)

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
      X