Conditionally triggering an output - logic object use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdw
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2007

Conditionally triggering an output - logic object use?

Hi,

Its colder & wintery again, so I'm fiddling with Cortex again!

Is there a way to make a connection between two objects so it only is active for certain hours of the day?

I have 2 HVAC each with their heating zone output connected to corresponding zone valves. During the night hours, when "HVAC 1" fires (and opens "ZONE 1" valve), I would like to have it also fire the "ZONE 2" valve - it gives the ZONE 2 room a short top-up of heat. This works well during the night. I've done this by connecting the HVAC 1 output to both Z1 valve and Z2 valve. By doing this, Z2 gets just enough heat during the night to avoid it firing the boiler in its own right

However, I only want this to happen during the night hours. During other hours I dont want this "top-up" affect as I'm quite happy for Z2 to get quite cold.

Can I put a logic gate between HVAC1 output and Z2, set it to "AND" and feed the other logic gate input based on time ? Or is there a simpler way to achieve this ?
    Jon
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

You could create another HVAC (HVAC 1B) that has the same inputs i.e. Temperature presence etc as HVAC 1. You can copy the profiles from HVAC 1 to HVAC 1B.
    However day temperature profiles could be modified to be lower so as not to turn on.
    The output of this additional HVAC 1B drives Zone 2. So it should behave the same as HVAC 1 but not during the Day.
    Zone 2 can be driven from HVAC 1B and HVAC 2 (if it exists).

Viv.

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Time restrictions on connections

Indeed...is there a more general way to do this for all logic connections using an inline gate with a time input ? I had a similar issue here and I have another one now...

If not it would seem a useful feature to have ...

K

Originally posted by jpdw View Post
      Hi,

Is there a way to make a connection between two objects so it only is active for certain hours of the day?
      ...snip...

Can I put a logic gate between HVAC1 output and Z2, set it to "AND" and feed the other logic gate input based on time ? Or is there a simpler way to achieve this ?

Comment

Working...
      X