Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HR80 evotouch binding problems

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks SensibleHeat. Any suggestions to do what I want i.e switch on/off rooms within the heating program without the user having to edit the program? Only 2 ways I can think of are either the web interface you sell to hometronic that would allow a computer to upload a new time program with each room included/excluded based on a set of user switches, or physical zone valves under separate control to isolate parts of the system and therefore effectively starve those HR80s of heat. In the latter case would presumably need to disable the optimum start as the system would get confused with heat sometimes being unavailable.

Anyone know if honeywell are planning a web or pc interface for evotouch? There is a promising looking USB socket and the mention of PC connection in the evotouch description.

Our Web manager would at least allow you to remotely manage the time programmes but it is not quite as automatic as you would like - you would still have to upload each room individually (although you can save the individual profiles for easy uploading to each room).

We've not had any details yet about Honeywell's own plans to introduce any kind of PC/web management to Evo Touch. We are working on integrating it to our Web Manager in any case but we're at the early stages just now. How long it takes will depend on how much work Honeywell have to do for us and how quickly then can modify/test the firmware updates required before they are released.

Automated Home Jr Member

The HR80's can act both as the radiator actuator turning it on and off plus the room thermostat. If you prefer a seperate thermostat for a room/zone then you can use a DT92e.

The advantage of using a DT92e i belive is a more user friendly and acurate control of a zone. The DT92e is wall mounted and can be placed in a position you think will be best suited to measure the room temperature. You can use it to easily see the current temperature and conveniently temporaily adjust it if you wish.
    It can overcome situations where for example your radiator is behind a chair or something and the HR80 does not get free air flow to get an acurate temperature measurement.

I had a room that i thought was a bit cool for the set temperature and was using just HR80's for both functions, radiator control and thermostat, i fitted a DT92e on the oppersite wall to the radiator doing no control just showing the temperature. The room temperature measured on the HR80 at the radiator could be 2 degree's higher than that on the DT92e, so i changed to having the DT92e acting as the thermostat.

The system would work perfectly well with just HR80's you would just need to keep adjusting the set temperature on the HR80 until it was comfortable for the room/zone, but i like to have the seperate control that i can easily see and have it where i want it.

The disadvantage of having a DT92e is the extra cost.

Automated Home Jr Member

Did you find anyone selling dt92e without the relay box? I have seen it with the relay box for 65 ish I think so maybe that is cheaper than the dt92e would usually be on it's own anyway.

Automated Home Jr Member

No i didn't find them sold separately, i picked up some cheaper ones on ebay. You can setup and get your system working using just the HR80's if money is tight and fit the DT92e's later when you can afford it.