• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bodsmate
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2010

HA Controller for inputs/outputs and temp

I am trying to choose a fully programmable HA Controller for a new DIY project which will largely be hard wired inputs and outputs as well as temperature monitoring, which will operate outputs depending on programming.

My first choice was going to be home vision but I also want to have user friendly control and display of temperatures and systems status and it appears home vision is not well supported any more with regards to integration with software applications?

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
    • Fully programmable inputs and outputs
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Software Integration for easy control and monitoring (touch screen apps /fixed touch screens?)
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I would go either the Homevision or Homevision Pro route. If you use Schelte's version of the HV software then this should give you what you require.
    Another option would be the Ocelot or Leopard systems. The Leopard is an Ocelot with a touchscreen. You would also need either the Secu16 or 16i and or some of the Bobcat sensors.
    I have a client who has a ocelot, and its been running for the last 5 years without a hitch. And I have a Homevision unit which has been running about the same length of time.
    Also check out Cinemar Solutions, and Homeseer. Cinemar solutions also do a plugin for Homeseer.
    Last edited by toscal; 4 December 2010, 06:08 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Karam
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2005

If you are able to share more detail on the application either via the forum or in private then it may be that a sub set of the IDRATEK system may do what you want without too much additional programming.

Comment

• bodsmate
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2010

Thanks for your replies, I have had a look at Schelte's version of the HV software which I havn't seen before (thanks Toscal!) and as I can reuse my trusty old Home Vision removed from my old house, I am now going down the HV route again with futher expansion.

I am pleasaed to see there is still ways to intergrate this ultra reliable controller with more user frendly software

Comment

• Kevin
          • Jan 2004

Just to mention there is also a xAP gateway attachment for HomeVision. It's a box that attaches to a dedicated HV serial port and also plugs into your Ethernet network.

It was originally designed to support the custom lighting features within HV and to interface with Clipsal / Schneider C-Bus lighting directly but that interface is an option.

It basically allows the HV unit to report changes be controllable over your network and to be interfaced with any HA software / device that supports xAP. Most of the leading HA software applications offer this. HV I/O that changes state is notified realtime to the network. There are various touchscreen applications that support xAP too. Although the xAP gateway does have a web server interface it is not intended (or useable) as a web front end for HomeVision.

K

Comment

Working...
          X