• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gw0udm
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2010

Which FHT thermostat kit to buy?

Hi

I'm very interested in following others on here by buying some of the FHT kits, and Conrad seems to be the place to get them from.

I'm a little unsure about exactly which to buy, however. I've seen some discussion of the FHT80B vs the FHT80B-II.

Conrad are selling a kit (currently £40) called 'FHT 8 thermostat set', part number 570055 - 89. Is this the one to get? I'm interested in getting the system set up with computer control via FHEM eventually so I'm keen to get the right stuff.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

James
  • autolog
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by gw0udm View Post
    I'm a little unsure about exactly which to buy, however. I've seen some discussion of the FHT80B vs the FHT80B-II.

Conrad are selling a kit (currently £40) called 'FHT 8 thermostat set', part number 570055 - 89. Is this the one to get? I'm interested in getting the system set up with computer control via FHEM eventually so I'm keen to get the right stuff.
    I also find this all a bit confusing as to what works with what. This is what I ordered from Conrad for my system:

- 620371 - "FHZ 1300 Radio Home Centre PC"
    - 750407 - "Radio heating thermostat FHT 80B-II" (Thermostat and actuator)
    - 570056 - "Actuator for 570055&617499&750404" (An extra actuator)
    - 560098 - "Heat relais FHT 8W" (Boiler connect)

I have just looked on the Conrad site for the 750407 and notice that is sold out and they are suggesting an alternative which includes the window open sensor - 646463. This set includes the thermostat - 750404 - which I think is the one you need.

Having looked at the instruction manuals for the 750404 and 570055, I think the 570055 doesn't allow for central control as it doesn't have a way to enter the 'CEnT - DEfault setting for the radio connection to the central system'.

The 570055 instruction manual (page 65) compared with the 750404 instruction manual illustrates the difference.

I hope this helps a bit but just to note I am not an expert in this even though I now have it working with FHEM

Comment

• fredd500
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jun 2009

The FHT 8 is one way only - it will report its status, but is not capable of being controlled.

The FHT 80 on the other hand allows two way communication hence it being a little more expensive and absolutely the right choice if you want to do funky stuff with FHEM etc.
      Chris

Automating my home in a family friendly way - My blog: http://www.cpmills.com/

Comment

• lazarette
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jan 2011

Will the cheaper FHT 8 still work with the boiler interlock?

Many thanks,

Angus

(PS, hello everyone, been reading these threads for a while, trying to get my head around remote thermostats to reduce my ridiculous gas consumption!)

Comment

• RoMania
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2011

I have the same question as lazarette.

Comment

• phoenix
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Mar 2010

The advantage of the 80B is that it is 2 way; the 8 being just one way (sending). I believe the boiler interlock just receives the info that the controller sends to the valve so would work with the cheaper 8.

This is just my understanding, I only have the 80b and don't have the boiler interlock so I can't speak from experience and could be wrong.

Comment

• RoMania
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Feb 2011

I will send an email to Conrad.
              If FHT 8 works with FHT 8W it will save me a lot of money, expecially when buying packs like http://www.germanelectronics.ro/conr...040&pid=570855

Comment

• RoMania
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Feb 2011

The answer from Conrad:

Die Unterschied zwischen FHT 8 und FHT 80B liegt darin, dass
                das FHT 80B eine bidirektionale Funkverbindung nutzt und somit
                mit der Zentrale FHZ 1000 kommunizieren kann.
                Das Wärmebedarfsrelais registriert die Funkinformationen beider Systeme.

meaning:
                The difference between FHT 8 and FHT 80B is that
                the FHT 80B uses a two-way radio link and thus
                can communicate with the central FHZ 1000
                The heat demand relay records the radio information of both systems.

Comment

• lazarette
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Jan 2011

Thanks RoMania. Looks like the FHT 8 deals have stopped now, so I may be stuck with the FHT80 anyway!

Comment

• RoMania
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Feb 2011

You are welcome!
                    I bought myself a FHT 80BTF for testing.
                    It works good.

Comment

Working...
                    X