• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krill
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2010

Ravenheat cycling

I have a Ravenheat boiler model CSI 85 A, the water works fine with continuous flame but when the heating is on the the boiler ignites then cuts out cycling about every 20 seconds or less, the radiators all get hot and there's no air in the system, can anyone advise or guide me to what to check first please
    Any help would be much appreciated
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

What type of thermostat do you have, it maybe that your set point temps are too close.
    Do you have thermostatic valves on your rads. If so try turning them all to max, and see what happens.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• krill
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by toscal View Post
      What type of thermostat do you have, it maybe that your set point temps are too close.
      Do you have thermostatic valves on your rads. If so try turning them all to max, and see what happens.
      Hi thanks for the reply, I have a wireless thermostat/programmer, tried turning that up to max, also have opened all the rad stats but it does it from cold

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

if its wireless have you checked the batteries and also is it communicating properly with the bit attached to the boiler.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• krill
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by toscal View Post
          if its wireless have you checked the batteries and also is it communicating properly with the bit attached to the boiler.
          Yes new batteries and I assume its communicating correctly as the boiler turns off if I drop the temperature on the sender, I have ordered new thermistas as they are cheap and easy to try, if thatb wont work I think I will have to get in an engineer, trying to save the money though this time of year

Comment

Working...
          X